Regulatory Reporting Specialist
£excellent salary (dependant on experience) and excellent bonus and benefits
A newly created opportunity exists within the London operations of a unique, growing quantitative trading firm focusing primarily on equities and equity derivatives. They have over 400 people in New York, Hong Kong & London. They have expanded rapidly in London from 35 to 100 employees in the last 18 months, attracting very high quality people who form a collegiate and entrepreneurial culture. Mentoring, informal meetings and active discussion are all part of the culture. An ambitious person can have an excellent career there with opportunity for progression within a fast-paced work environment. Apart from career progression they offer individuals opportunity to develop their skills in many formats.
The role sits within the finance function and other members of the team will contribute information for the returns, although this is an all embracing "hands on" regulatory role. The role is wide ranging and covers all areas of the regulatory arena from production and filing of regulatory returns to liquidity and capital analysis and requirements, to interpretation of regulatory rules and there application in the business. They are looking for a proactive individual to take full responsibility in the UK for regulatory reporting in all its areas. It is unlikely that an individual will have all the exposure they would like and therefore they realistically are able to compromise on some of the previous regulatory experience needed. This will include:
- Understanding and dealing with CRR rules including COREP filings
- Interpretation of regulatory policy and provision of step by step instructions for the business to follow.
- Regulatory and liquidity calculation role
- Pillar 2 calculations
- ICAAP, ILAA and FSA fillings
- Capital calculations including calculations of credit, market, settlement and liquidity risk
- Liquidity reviews
- Regulatory projects
Who They Are looking For
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- A detail oriented and organised self-starter with a minimum of 5years experience in regulatory capital.
- Previous experience within financial services is strongly preferred however they are happy for the right candidate to come from a well-established accounting firm.
- A high level understanding of the UK regulatory environment including but not limited to COREP fillings, pillar 2 calculations, ICAAP, ILAA and FSA fillings.
- Familiar with capital calculations including calculations of credit, market, settlement and liquidity risk.
- A proactive and decisive self-starter
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Strong attention to detail and analytical thinking
- Ability to undertake and lead projects
- Very familiar with the UK regulatory rules and CRR rules and filings.