Relationship Manager, Corporate Lending & Credit
£35,000 - £42,000 + Bonus + Pension + PMI + other benefits
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. No equity trading is undertaken.
You must be able to contribute positively to small, close team and establish good working relationships with relevant parties and colleagues.
- Proactively support the Head of Corporate Banking and the Head of Financial Institutions and Trade Finance to develop and manage on a day to day basis both potential new customer targets and existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets, in compliance with policies and procedures, regulations and prevailing best practices.
- Timely, accurate and rigorous written analysis of Corporate, Financial Institutions and Trade Finance applications in support of new transactions and annual reviews. Answering questions from London Credit Risk and International Credit.
- Manage the administrative aspects, documentation and regulatory/accounting issues pertaining to the sourcing, execution and ongoing monitoring of relationships and transactions, including managing the related requirements of the credit approval process, account opening and KYC.
- Completing regular and one off internal and external reports.
- Prepare credit applications and reviews for new/prospective customers and existing customer facilities (annual reviews) that adequately address relevant risk factors in the industry, market and business.
- Deal with and resolve customer problems and requirements, in coordination with appropriate in house and external support functions, to ensure timely, friendly and accurate delivery of the bank's products and services.
- Support the Head of Corporate Banking and the Head of Financial Institutions and Trade Finance in negotiating and documenting facilities for clients;
- Assisting with the management of watch list and impaired credits;
- To prepare internal reports as required;
- To handle administration relating to payments (including customer call backs)
- To do regular filing of papers onto Corporate Banking's files and make sure that the filing is current and up to date
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 2:2 degree and highly numerate .
- Minimum 3-5 years credit analysis experience, primarily with various European counterparties and range of industry sectors encompassing good knowledge of corporate credit.
- Strong financial analysis skills and skilled in financial modelling and ability to examine and evaluate cross border risk.
- Good working knowledge of banking and securities market products.
- Good awareness of market developments (including financial markets, industry sectors, macro political and economic issues).
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
By applying to this job you are agreeing to our privacy notice which is freely available to view at: https://www.cameronkennedy.com/privacy