£30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits
City of London
They are a leading and highly respected Investment Manager. They are one of the UK's leading providers of investment management services for individuals, charities and professional advisers. They are currently looking for an administration assistant to join them on a permanent basis. The role requires someone with strong administration and secretarial skills.
As a research analyst you'll be providing administration and management of the provision of external investment research and related services. There is a particular emphasis of new regulatory business requirements governing the control and dissemination of services and content of substantive value. You'll act as the key point of reference for the co-ordination and management of relationships with external research providers. You'll take the lead as principle liaison between the research team and the investment executive in administering entitlements to research access, consumption preferences, tracking and verification of interactions with the sell side. You'll also oversee the broker voting process and undertake regular management information (MI) reporting for consideration in budget planning.
Core Accountabilities (Including but not limited to):
- Responsible for administering and managing provision and consumption of external research on behalf of the investment research team and for the investment management business.
- Utilise third party resource tracking software to independently verify and monitor interactions with external research providers.
- Production of MI reports on research and resource consumption at departmental, business channel and firm wide level.
- Responsible for managing smooth implementation and execution of biannual voting process on external service providers for consideration on budget reviews.
- Maintain RFP's outlining research service demand and manage dissemination of RFPs to new providers as well as receipt and tracking of responses.
- Contribute towards activities of research support team and provide cover as appropriate.
- Contribute towards the continuing development of the group by participating in projects, committees and other activities as requested from time to time.
Key requirements of the candidate:
- Educated to a minimum of degree level.
- Strong organisational skills are essential to the success in the role.
- Strong administration skills in terms of minute taking, compilation of agendas and meeting papers.
- Self starter who is able to take the initiative and operate successfully on an independent basis.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders as well as external service providers on the sell side.
- Committed team player.
- Knowledge of FactSet software.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Experience of using proprietary data aggregator web/software platforms desirable.