Compliance & Legal
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
Retail Compliance Manager
A global multi asset manager operating in multiple jurisdictions this firm offers solutions to institutional and retail investors. The firm has in excess of 200bn AUM and is expanding judiciously organically as opposed to through acquisition.
A collegiate and professional environment this business is an out and out meritocracy with low staff turnover.
This position will be responsible for making decisions on a number of regulatory matters both in an individual capacity and as part of the wider compliance function.
The purpose of this position is to support the Director, EMEA Compliance with regulatory oversight of the company's retail distribution activities conducted in EMEA. Activities will include the continued assessment of current and emerging regulation and its impact on the businesses retail activities, the on-going assessment of a compliance framework of policies and procedures, the provision of regulatory advice (including that relating to the Wealth Management Service) and regulatory training to EMEA associates as necessary. London based this role will report directly to the Director, EMEA Compliance.
- Monitoring and Interpreting regulatory developments and advising EMEA regulated entities (with a focus on retail activities) on business impact and necessary process changes.
- Dealing with general regulatory queries and the provision of technical regulatory advice and guidance (retail bias) to EMEA regulated entities, the EMEA Compliance Function and globally.
- Maintaining EMEA wide compliance policies and procedures which comprise the EMEA Compliance Framework and advising on the drafting of associated departmental procedures.
- Assist with the oversight and assessment of compliance advisory services provided by third party compliance advisory consultants to any office located in various EMEA jurisdictions.
- Assist with the preparation and as necessary, delivery of regulatory reports to the various board of directors and committees of the Board.
- Work with the EMEA Product Development & Management team contributing a 'regulatory voice' in the early stages of new product development. Particularly where products are targeted for retail distribution.
- Provision of periodic training to all relevant associates of the EMEA regulated entities in relation to regulatory developments and the EMEA Compliance Framework.
- Maintaining and advising on the conflict of interest registers (maps) for the regulated entities.
Who they are looking for
- Good knowledge of EU Directives (MiFID II essential).
- Good understanding of retail distribution of investments.
- Good knowledge of FCA rules and guidance (e.g. PRIN, SYSC, SUP, DISP, RPPD) is essential. Strong working knowledge of COBS is essential.
- Strong report writing and policy/procedure writing skills.
- Experience of working at a senior level in retail advisory compliance for an asset management, financial advice/investment management FCA regulated firm or equivalent knowledge or experience gained with a regulatory body.
- An understanding of the FCA RDR and its impact on regulated entities (particularly asset managers) is an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills/communication skills. Ability to communicate orally and in writing at senior level and globally as required.
- Educated to undergraduate level
- Preference for professionally qualified individuals: ICA / CISI Diploma in Compliance and / or CISI Wealth Management / Investment Management
Sorry, this job is no longer available