Enterprise Risk Analyst
£60,000 - £68000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities and property, commercial, HNW, institutional and sovereign lending. The bank is now looking for an experienced individual who is capable and proven to work alone with the business areas and not afraid to challenge, as a significant member of the 2nd line of defence within the bank. Candidates with more than 6 weeks ability to start a new role will not be considered.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Track record in process change and documentation in a financial services environment.
- Exposure to process-related oversight activities and techniques including;
- Risk & control self-assessments (RCSA)
- Key risk indicators (KRIs); and
- Processes measurement.
- Good knowledge of banking products, and of best practice around associated processes
Desirable qualifications & traits
- Appropriate formal operational risk qualification.
- University degree (minimum UK 2:1 or equivalent).
- Maintain good working relationships with all areas of the Bank.
- Maintain and develop robust systems, controls and processes.
- Contribute positively to small, close risk function and establish good working relationships with relevant parties and colleagues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong business skills.
- Structured thinking and analytical
- skills, and ability to express ideas succinctly.
Reporting to the Enterprise Risk Lead (ERL), you will support the ERL in embedding the bank's risk management framework into its operations and processes; assist the ERL in reviewing and monitoring the effectiveness of risk management policies, control procedures and reporting systems and contribute, as directed, to change processes relevant for risk management. Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the ERL in ensuring that bank processes are aligned to the requirements of the bank's risk management framework. That includes, but is not limited to, assisting with the design and production of risk management information, and the operation of key processes that support risk management.
- Working with all business and support areas to establish and embed a robust risk culture within the organization.
- Assisting with analysis, guidance and the creation of management tools to enable the bank to operationalize its risk policies. That includes, but is not limited to, capturing and documenting existing processes.
- Enhancing clarity and transparency around process operations and risk reporting, to allow the bank to be confident that it can remain within its risk appetite.
- Assisting with the deployment of strategy and policies for risk management.
- To assist with the promotion of a culture of risk identification, awareness and reporting, and openness in reporting.
- To ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements associated with risk management.