Risk Management Analyst
£45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
The company is a fast expanding management consultancy established over 20 years ago. With office in London, New York and the Far East, they have wide client base providing operational treasury and risk management solutions globally to corporate clients, private equity and infrastructure funds. The company is taking advantage of the growing demand of corporate and institutional investment groups focussing on returns optimisation seeking independent advice and services. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business where you will also receive full training to become an expert in treasury risk management and exposure to major corporate players and financial institutions.
Reporting to the Head of Risk Management in Europe, you will assist and support senior consultants in the delivery of Risk Management assignments and take an active role in developing and maintaining analytics and client deliverables. The role involves:
* Supporting senior team members in defining and executing appropriate interest rate, inflation, commodity and FX management projects.
* Modeling clients' interest rate, inflation, commodity and FX exposures.
* Producing client deliverables developing hedging strategies and indicative pricing.
* Developing forecasting and reporting models for cash liquidity and funding.
* Providing clients with mark-to-market valuations on current positions.
* Operating live market fed trading systems during trade executions.
* Work closely with the other analysts and consultants in the development of strategies, setting objectives, policies and plans, including identifying and targeting potential clients.
* Be a key participant to the continued growth of the company
* Supporting the risk management team globally.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* You will need at least 2 years' experience in FX and/or interest rate derivative markets.
* You must have the ability to understand the financial risks faced by a business in order to ensure the definition of an appropriate risk management strategy.
* Experience acquired in the banking sector would be an advantage, although corporate treasury and/or consulting experience focused on risk management strategies is acceptable.
* Strong modelling skills for forecasting and reporting models for cash liquidity and funding.
* Entrepreneurial drive; a strong desire to take part in the growth of the business and have direct impact on its success.
* Self-motivated; possessing tenacity and having perseverance; a proven "closer".
* Consultative style; strong listening skills.
* Articulate and with excellent writing skills.
* Willingness to travel occasionally