Risk Management Assistant
£28,000 - £32,000 + bonus + benefits + study support if required
Who they are
They are a fixed income sales and trading securities firm with a strong franchise both in London and internationally. They have a collegiate and friendly working environment and are very team cultured. They are looking for a graduate with no more than 2 years relevant work experience to join the risk management department.
Reporting to the Risk Manager, you will responsible for managing operat ional, credit, market and liquidity risk within the London Head Office and Singapore branch. Responsibilities include the following:
- Carrying out daily, weekly and monthly credit and market risk monitoring for the Securities Sales and Trading business and the Repo and Securities Lending business;
- Analysing and making improvements to the monitoring;
- Ensuring Risk Management related policies capture the latest regulatory requirements and ensuring the business areas are complying with the relevant rules;
- Updating Risk Management related policies and operational procedure manuals on a regular basis;
- Checking, logging and filing changes to client mandates in a timely and accurate manner;
- Preparing the agenda for relevant committees, making a contribution to the discussion and writing the minutes to keep records including action points agreed at the committee ;
- Maintaining counterparty ratings and limits in accordance with company policy;
- Assessing risks for new products and activity changes; undertaking business improvement projects by developing and implementing enhancements ;
- Updating stress testing and scenario documents;
- Assisting in maintaining the operational risk framework including: Investigating issues / events and developing risk mitigation steps; Monitoring effectiveness of the mitigation measures through the internal control monitoring process; Monitoring of key risk indicators; Assessment of information security risks; Assessment of outsourcing and third party risks; Updating the Risk Management database and creating reports from the system
- General awareness of current / potential market, credit and operational risks
- Keeping up to date with developments in the markets and the wider operating environment in particular factors affecting MUTl's business and the firm's clients.
- Assisting the Head of Risk Management and the Risk Manager with any ad hoc tasks as requested from time to time.
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Experience of working in an office environment preferably in Financial Services;
- Knowledge of Risk Management and Financial Services is preferable, but not essential;
- A good understanding of general IT applications e.g. MS Office, and in particular Excel
- Must have good communication skills both written and oral, including ability to communicate at a senior level;
- Takes responsibility for getting things done in a proactive and timely manner;
- A flexible individual who has the desire to develop within the role and is keen to learn;
- A team player who is able to work well with others at all levels within the firm, yet can also work unsupervised and manage their own workload and who is able to represent the department in a professional manner;
- Ability to learn quickly and be proactive and outward looking;
- Able to work quickly while still paying close attention to detail and the need for accuracy.