|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£75000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
The main accountabilities of the role are as follows:
- Ensure that the firm's risk management framework is both robust and in line with the risk appetite of the firm, the applicable regulatory requirements and the parent company's policies.
- Ensure effectiveness of the risk identification process
- Maintain Risk Management policies, procedures and reports - which includes the the annual SYSC report to the board.
- Ensure that effective processes are in place for the management and monitoring of exposures and limits - in line with applicable regulations and client mandates.
- Assess risks for new business, products or changes to existing business activity.
- Co-ordination of the BCP with the BCP committee.
- Management of ICAAP and ILAA in line with FCA IFPRU rules and CRD IV Pillar 2 and the creation of CRD IV Pillar 3 Disclosures
- Preparation of the monthly Risk Committee and Operational Risk Committee agenda and reports.
- Identification and investigation of risk events and root cause analysis and working with the business to improve controls and processes arising from the same.
- Conduct risk based induction and ongoing training to applicable staff
- Manage the day to day function of a team of 4 analysts.
To be considered for the above position the ideal candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Risk management role within a securities related financial services environment.
- Advanced knowledge of risk management concepts tools and methodologies - in particular Operational Risk.
- Understanding of Credit, Market, Liquidity risk management in a securities environment.
- Familiarity with EU CRD IV Pillar 2 and 3 requirements and FCA IFPRU rules as they apply to a non-significant IFPRU firm.
- Knowledge of regulations in respect of Recovery and Resolution Planning, Liquidity Risk Management and Business Continuity.
- Qualified in Risk Management, Securities or related subjects.
- Advanced stakeholder management and report writing skills
- Experience of managing staff
In exchange for the above my client offers an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to shape the Operational Risk culture of the company in a positive and proactive fashion.