The key aspect of the role will be to maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management Framework to ensure that all risks to the business are identified and assessed with effective controls and measures put in place to mitigate or reduce the risk in accordance with regulatory compliance, audit requirements, our approved risk tolerance, risk appetite and our strategic plans.
The successful candidate will also take an active involvement in the production of the ICAAP and Group ORSA to meet our regulatory reporting requirements and also ensure the outsourcing risk oversight framework is being adhered to and is in line with industry best practice to meet the FCA's expectations.
To be successful in this role the candidate will need to liaise with the business and Risk Champions to identify gaps and provide support, education and training where required to increase and maintain our risk awareness across the organisation.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate is likely to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Financial Services experience with demonstrable risk management experience.
- Specific Investment Management environment experience highly desirable
- Contemporary risk management practices, Solvency II risk management requirements and FCA and PRA risk management requirements.
- Understanding of CASS requirements would be advantageous
- Industry awareness
- Able to think intuitively and autonomously
- Possess strong influencing skills to engage effectively with others and an ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to build connections and work collaboratively across boundaries at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task to ensure timely completion and delivery of tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of balancing priorities and communicating those as required
In exchange for the above the successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration and the opportunity to join a leading global financial services group.