Risk Manager -Outsourcing
6-9 Months Fixed Term Contract
£Salary: Dependent on experience
They are a global investment management group with AUM of over £300 billion. They are highly regarded and have a strong employee involvement and a culture of fostering career development and employee participation. They are currently engaged on an expansion path and have ambitions to be amongst the top investment management group in Europe.
The role is a fixed term contract (6-9 months) and will report to the Global Head of Business Risk. The role has a global impact. There will be some occasional UK travel. Initially, the role will lead in the enhancement of the existing outsource risk framework and raising awareness of framework requirements. The role will require review and challenge of all aspects surrounding the risk assessment and due diligence processes and work with various stakeholder groups to define and enhance management information. The role will interact and coordinate with all levels of management both locally - throughout the UK - as well as globally. Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintaining and developing the outsourcing risk framework, and provide the Group with a structure to assess the effectiveness of all oversight arrangements (including intra group) and critical activities, in line with global regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Facilitating and supporting the risk assessment and due diligence processes in relation to critical outsourcers, to ensure that service details and risks are fully documented and understood.
- Review and update outsourcing policies and procedural guidelines to align to the overall framework.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and the first line Third Party Oversight team to identify and remediate framework gaps and influence strategic enhancements.
- Regularly meet key accountable stakeholders and provide robust and challenging insight on outsourcing oversight risk and control processes.
- Identify, assess, measure, report and monitor outsourcing risks on a regular basis within the overall operational risk management framework.
- Participate in outsourcing risk focussed committee meetings, as a representative of 2nd line risk and the wider risk division, as required.
- Interpret the impact of outsourcing regulatory changes on outsourcing policies and procedures and incorporate changes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Raise awareness of the program requirements through periodic and ad-hoc communication.
- Promote a strong control culture and awareness of outsourcing risk across the Group.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this to you should meet the following criteria:
- Educated to degree level along with previous asset management or banking experience (essential)
- Demonstrable and significant professional experience in outsourcing risk management and of managing outsourcer risks associated with complex outsourcing agreements (essential)
- Experience of leading and implementing change projects in a global environment
- An understanding of operational risk frameworks and of the control environment surrounding asset management and operational risk, including reporting and analysis
- Detailed, methodical and accurate with an analytical and investigative approach to work.
- Effective communicator with the ability to document processes in a concise but comprehensible style.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, experienced in presenting and communicating complex information in a variety of formats.
Is comfortable working to deadlines and can effectively prioritise own workload to deliver in line with agreed timescale