You will investigate both prospect and existing client's activity, and follow through any issues to a satisfactory outcome. This may involve liaising with the client relationship officers (CROs) and senior management within the Bank. You will be expected to produce comprehensive written reports about clients that can be clearly read and understood by senior management, CROs, Auditors and the Regulators. These reports should demonstrate the risks associated with a client and their proposed risk classification.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- To adhere to the rules and regulations affecting the money laundering environment, including but not limited to the FCA Handbook, JMLSG, Proceeds of Crime Act, Prevention of Terrorism Act, US Patriot Act, Fraud Act, Bribery Act and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
- To identify any potential KYC AML risks in the Bank and report the findings to the Financial Crime Compliance Manager, where necessary.
- To maintain knowledge of all applicable legislation and best industry practice, including relevant parts of the FCA Handbook and the JMLSG.
- Conduct reviews of new prospects and existing clients, assessing the risk profile and KYC documentation, resolving any issues found by liaising with the Front Office, Line Management and Senior Management where necessary.
- Management of BAU workflows, including the review of new client proposals, account opening, periodic reviews and changes to accounts, providing Quality Checking oversight.
- To support the Head of Financial Crime Compliance in the management of all financial crime compliance issues.
- Mentoring of more junior analysts within the team.
- To assist the business as and when required on financial crime related queries, by providing advice and guidance, outlining options and recommending solutions as appropriate.
- To assist in the review and update of department procedures and drive system and process improvements.
- To lead or assist with any other regulatory tasks or ad hoc projects as might reasonably be requested by Line Management or the MLRO.
- To ensure that Management information (M.I) is kept up to date and complied where necessary.
Experience / Skills Required
- The ability to write clear, professional reports is essential to the role.
- You will have an analytical mentality suited to the role of an investigator, with the ability to research and investigate and assimilate data from various information sources and draw meaningful conclusions from the information obtained.
- The ability to effectively interrogate Internet sources.
- Sound knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to use them effectively to deliver professional documents and reports and conduct analysis.
- Educated to degree level
- Compliance related qualifications desirable
- A passion for investigation with excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey your findings.
- Ability to work autonomously, taking ownership of your responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to converse with all levels of personnel with sensitivity, tact and diplomacy.
- As a strong team player, support team members and know when to seek support and guidance from colleagues in order to contribute to the day to day activities of the department.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently when required to do so.
- You must be fluent in both Russian and English written and oral.
If you have the required skill set and background, I'd love to hear from you.