Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£55000 - £70000 per annum + + Share options|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Senior Accountant / Accounting Manager
£55,000 - £70,000 + Generous Share Options
London - the role is remote work from home
They are a Fintech payments company who have witnessed high growth. The business is expanding fast and international expansion is occurring. As a result they have an opportunity to join there dynamic international finance team making a positive and proactive contribution to their management and statutory accounting, payroll, tax and statutory reporting activities, ensuring adherence to deadlines. With this company there is lots of opportunity for personal growth at one of the leading tech start-ups in Europe. They have a collegiate environment and with their flat structure they have open communication. You will have a high degree of autonomy in a motivated and talented international team.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
In order to be considered for this excellent opportunity to grow with the business, you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant with multinational or international experience gained within employment and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including highly proficient in both spoken and written English and
- Familiar with issues relating to accounting, payroll, tax and reporting in countries other than the UK and
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Confident, proactive, enjoys making a positive contribution;
- You should find the prospect of frequently being challenged, exciting. You should also relish solving complex problems and seeking process improvements and efficiencies for the business.
- Willingness to travel from time-to-time (when travel restrictions lift and it is safe to do so).
Preferred but not essential
- Experience working with NetSuite.
You will be primarily responsible for the UK company and will also have responsibilities related to its subsidiaries and two European branches and when necessary provide training, support and cover in others. You will contribute towards the financial and reporting integrity of the business, to ensure the provision of quality and current information to the Board. Alongside other ad-hoc tasks and new responsibilities that will be crucial in developing and expanding the role as the business expands, your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts, by completing month-close activities, including:
- Review of AP and AR ledgers, including reconciliation to GL.
- Calculation and posting of management accounts journals; including payroll, accruals, prepayments, treasury, depreciation and other regular cut-off and analysis adjustments.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules.
- Processing FX adjustments and revaluations.
- Assisting to provide analytical review and commentary alongside management accounts.
- Preparation of VAT returns for review and onward submission to HMRC.
- Providing support to the team, by way of assistance and review with respect to:
- Coding and entering invoices and expenses
- Preparation of payments for approval
- Collation of payroll information
- AP and AR management
- Preparation of payroll information, onward submission to outsourced providers and review of final payroll for settlement to employees.
- Significant involvement in projects and improvement initiatives and in driving efficiency, development, control and accuracy within the team.
- Supporting the team with ad-hoc reporting, audit and due-diligence requests.
- Assisting with setting policies and procedures for the company considering group policies and local factors.
- Documentation of processes, identifying risks, weaknesses, mitigating controls and proper segregation.
- Contribute towards the positive internal profile of the Accounting team by promoting the importance of good control environment and the value added to the business as a result.
Sorry, this job is no longer available