Senior Analyst - Emerging Markets Manager Research
To £110000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a global financial services group who provides multi-asset investing solutions and services to institutional clients, and via financial advisors and banks, to individuals. They are famed for their positioning within manager-of-managers investment funds and index funds. They are now looking for a Senior Analyst who has in depth experience of analysis of emerging markets investment funds or investment within emerging markets..
Reporting to the Head of the Emerging Markets research team within the Investment Division, you will be working closely with other research team members of the Emerging Markets equity manager research team. The research team provides investment recommendations to emerging markets and multi-manager funds as well as to investment consulting clients. The role includes the following:
- Responsible for the analysis and recommendation of investment opportunities in emerging markets and will be accountable for the investment performance.
- Analysis of investment strategies, including identifying best in class investment manager processes and portfolios
- Investment manager analysis encompasses output from analytical tools and information gained from conducting meetings with various key investment staff from investment management firms and other market participants.
- Communicate conditions/risks/opportunities within the equity market as well as opinions on investment managers to the EM portfolio management team.
- Provide to investment consulting clients and portfolio managers detailed high quality and understandable written manager research analysis.
- Develop investment analysis relevant to members of the Emerging Markets equity team while providing useful feedback and participate in implementing investment insight/decisions. Examples of this analysis will include capital markets, investment factors, style analysis, etc.
- Provide timely, detailed, high quality communication of investment analysis and recommendation.
- Contribute to research initiatives both quantitatively and qualitatively helping to improve investment practice within the team.
- Contribute to broader Investment Division initiatives.
- Contribute to the firms client service, marketing, and/or public relations.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for the role you must meet the following criteria:
- CFA qualified (Preferred) with a minimum 7+ years' experience within the investment management or investment consulting industries and research experience within Emerging Markets
- Ability to interview others and form critical judgments based on qualitative and quantitative factors.
- Knowledge of key equity portfolio characteristics and active equity investment strategies and use of statistics from the perspective of an investment professional.
- Understanding of finance and contemporary investment management concepts.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to function in a collaborative team environment where workload and ideas are shared broadly.
- Experience with investment analytics systems (FactSet and eVestment) is a plus.