The telecommunications Senior Auditor will be responsible for supporting the accomplishment of the IT Infrastructure business unit strategic objectives and working with senior management to ensure financial, operational compliance practices and the related controls are adequate and operating effectively.
In this role you will be in charge of:
- Planning and implementing processes and procedures supporting the telecommunications audits
- Analyzing telecommunication contracts, including telephone bill consolidations
- Performing telephone line inventory and site analysis; compare bills to tariffs for retail and wholesale stores
- Reviewing audit, and analyze the company's current telecommunications billing and configuration, identify any discrepancies, errors, overcharges and/or misaligned telecommunications configurations
- Identifying and correcting telecommunications inaccuracies thereby legitimizing the telecommunications billing and configuration
- Investigating all aspects of telecom services including contracts, customer service records, invoice data, regulatory tariffs and how telecommunication services are interrelated and interlinked
- Understanding of telecom taxes
- Planning and implement processes and procedures supporting the telecommunications auditing theory and scope supporting the proposed audits
- Performing auditing functions in a professional manner and in accordance with the approved audit regulations
- Preparing formal written reports, as requested, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of current systems
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Telecommunications experience required; strong knowledge of telecommunication toll billing logs, telecommunication taxes, and international strategies to manage costs of a national and global network
- Knowledge of information technology, telecommunication carriers and the operational implications for managing and controlling business operations
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications processes, ability to perform data analysis, ability to proactively identify and manage risks and issues in order to successfully provide auditing solutions
- Strong relationship building skills, effective oral and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management addressing the specific needs of target audiences
Education and/or Experience
- A degree in MIS, Computer Science, Telecommunications or other related technical field is desired.
- Previous accounting and/or telecom auditing experience.