|Location:||City of London, London|
Compliance & Legal
|Salary:||£70000 - £80000 per annum|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
Global Asset Manager based in the City is looking for a Senior Compliance Officer to join their Legal & Compliance team on Fixed-Term contract basis. The successful candidate will be expected to take on the basic administration of the compliance function and to execute and develop the day to day monitoring and surveillance, as well as to contribute to the formulation of the firm's compliance strategy and policy development.
Reporting to the acting Head of Compliace the candidate will:
- assist the Acting Head of Compliance with all distribution compliance matters;
- be responsible for assisting the Acting Head of Compliance with investment compliance and business compliance;
- responsible for assisting the business with regulatory change initiatives;
- covering for the Acting Head of Compliance during leave or absence
Responsibilites will include:
- Financial promotions
- Product distribution activities including cross-border marketing
- Product development
- Distributor on-boarding
- Providing compliance advice across the business to ensure the highest standards at upheld
- Assisting with the implementation and maintenance of monitoring programmes based on a risk based approach.
- Working on, and communicating specified compliance projects and initiatives, including for example new regulations impacting on the relevant business areas, reviewing FCA consultation papers and providing timely advice on compliance matters.
- Providing input where required on compliance matters to relevant business areas and committees. Ensure that regulatory issues are properly escalated within the department.
- Assist the firm's MLRO with KYC, AML, ABC, sanctions and general financial crime prevention and related reporting of suspicious activity.
- File FCA reports, notifications and applications including for approved persons
- Supply management information and reports to both the local office and the head office abroad.
- Organise, provide and monitor compliance education and training of staff
- Draft and keep up-to-date compliance policies and procedures and perform an annual review of such policies and procedures
- Draft an annual compliance plan
- Carry out compliance risk assessments
- Monitor compliance with the firm's gift and entertainment policy
- Educate and advise senior management and staff on day-to-day compliance issues
- Document and report any trading or other operational errors
- Monitor on a daily basis the compliance of trading on client accounts and investment funds with applicable investment restrictions, using Bloomberg AIM where applicable
- Monitor trading on a daily basis and help ensure best execution is achieved for the firm's clients
- Ensure compliance with the market abuse regime
- Review and where applicable approve preclearance requests for personal account dealing requests
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Educated to University degree level with a specialist compliance qualification preferred
- Circa 5 years experience in a compliance function at an asset management firm or other financial services organisation
- Knowledge of FCA Handbook in particular as it relates to the conduct of asset management business
- Relevant regulatory experience gained ideally within an investment management environment
- Superior organisation/administration skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Will need to be effective at the micro and macro level
- Good negotiation skills and ability to persuade others
- Flexible team player and able to work and deliver under pressure