|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£95000 - £115000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Cameron Kennedy are pleased to be partnering with a well-known and strongly established banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and has a highly collegiate environment. Apart from a good working environment you will also get a work life balance in an interesting role and get to see the whole of the banks business operations working in a high profile and business critical role.
Senior Credit Risk Manager
£95000 - £115000 + Excellent benefits + Bonus
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Extensive credit risk and banking knowledge and experience in a senior role in a credit risk function.
- Experience of presenting to Credit Committees
- Proven track record in assessing and sanctioning complex HNW private and commercial lending propositions in a senior role, preferably as a senior analyst or senior sanctioning manager, across regulated and non-regulated mortgages (UK and offshore), development loans, secured and unsecured borrowing and contingent liabilities.
- Experience of assessing the creditworthiness of commercial property and commercial lending propositions and non-performing lending is essential.
- Experience of completing ratio, trend and cash flows analyses and creating projections.
- Experienced in analysing and interpreting detailed credit risk data at a portfolio level and producing high quality reports and presentations.
- Some experience of contributing to or developing credit risk strategies and reviewing and drafting detailed credit policies and procedures.
- Experience of dealing with Internal Audit and the Bank's internal and external legal advisers, including liaison in the recovery of debt and/or enforcement of security.
- Regulatory environment experience with sound understanding of the UK regulatory framework.
- Experience in contributing to change management processes and ability to bring about change management through buy-in from peers to new processes.
- Self-motivated individual with a "can do" attitude and ability to energise others.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge and effectively manage potentially difficult conversations.
Reporting to the Head of Credit Risk, in the second line of defence, the role provides independent and objective oversight to ensure the bank's lending portfolio is managed and accurately reported, in line with the bank's risk appetite, strategies, policies and procedures. You will have responsibility for undertaking in depth risk assessments of existing and prospective customer lending propositions, providing recommendations to Credit Committee or sanctioning credit propositions (within delegated authority limits). You will have responsibility for developing, evaluating and presenting detailed analysis of the bank's lending portfolio to the various internal committees and Board. You will have access and communications with all levels of all employees and areas of the bank including Senior Management and Executive Group Members as well as external contacts. The role includes the following:
- Supporting the Head of Credit Risk by playing a key role in developing and embedding the bank's Credit Risk Framework and provide ongoing support.
- Undertake detailed assessments of the credit worthiness of complex private customer and commercial lending propositions within the 2nd line of defence, ensuring proposals meet the requirements of the bank's lending policies and risk appetite.
- Within delegated authority limits, sanction credit propositions or make formal recommendations to Credit Committee.
- Undertake detailed ratio, trend and cash flows analysis and create projections.
- Provide detailed oversight of the non performing lending book and prepare strategic reports and recommendations for Credit Committee. Develop and undertake detailed analysis of the bank's lending portfolio as a whole, including trends and changes and produce and present high quality reports and presentations to the various internal committees and Board.
- Assist the Head of Credit Risk with reviewing and drafting credit risk strategy, appetite statements, policies and procedures.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Assist with undertake periodic reviews of 1st line credit processes and credit management in coordination with Compliance and Internal Audit (3rd Line).
- Ensure recommendations from Compliance and Internal Audit reviews and reports on any element of the credit functions (1st and 2nd line) are acted upon in a timely manner and in accordance with the bank's policies and procedures.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Alternatives Senior Analyst
Location: London, England
Salary: £Excellent salary dependent on experience per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Analyst - Investment Advisory
Salary: £75000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Business Development Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Attractive Commission + Benefits + Bonus
Corporate Finance Associate
Salary: US$70000 - US$90000 per annum + tax free + Bonus + Benefits
Head of Investment Department
Location: London, England
Salary: £100000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits