|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£70000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
£70,000 - £80,000 + good bonus possibility + benefits
They are an independent, long established investment and wealth management firm with a strong reputation. They are highly regarded within the industry and manage and advise on over £35bn of client assets. Due to business expansion, they are looking for an additional Equity Analyst to join their centralised Equity Research team. This role will suit someone who has a passion for equity investment, sectors and stock picking. Their will be a focus on UK equity markets and both sector, thematic and mainly stock selection of large and mid cap in the UK (there will also be some larger cap international stocks). Within the Equity Research team, debate on stock selection is lively and team work is central to the team's success within the business. The culture of the business is highly collegiate, they have a strong and loyal client following, a strong senior management who believe in research
Reporting to the Head of Equity Research, you will join a compact five person team supporting the equity selection process
- Generate stock ideas and make recommendations to the Stock Selection Committee
- Host and write up meetings with company management
- Carry out sector and thematic equity research and write understandable reports
- Focus on equities across several sectors, with international equity experience a major advantage
- Present on stock ideas and news at the weekly investment meeting
- Seek to generate outperformance and secure buy-in of ideas
- Mentor younger analysts and investment managers to develop their equity analysis skills
- Maintain research on Recommended and Covered stocks - commentary on results and research notes summarising the investment case
- Deep dive analysis of stocks
- Provide guidance to investment managers including supplying high quality fact sheets
- Focus on UK equities across sectors, but circa 20% investment in Non-UK equities.
- Liaise with investment managers, answering questions and advising on stocks
- Assist with key client meetings and pitches
- Share and develop ideas, listen and consult with colleagues and build and maintain professional service to meet the needs of clients and external contacts.
- Act as an advocate of and ambassador for the central research process and stock ideas
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this excellent role for a an equity analyst who is Passionate about investment and articulating ideas and enjoy working in a team. You must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelors Degree and CFA Level 2 or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years+ of investment research experience working at a wealth management, buy-side or sell-side firm.
- Strong understanding of company analysis and reports and accounts
- Passionate about investment and articulating ideas
- Understanding of portfolio construction, risk and suitability, as context for stock ideas
- Financial modelling experience and also experience with FactSet/Bloomberg or similar
- UK and International stock picking analysis experience
- Attention to detail, proactive, efficient and organised.
- Must enjoy team work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to take responsibility for tasks and recommendations.
- Diplomacy and ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to take responsibility for tasks, sectors and recommendations
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Product Director - Private Equity Performance Analytics
Location: London, England
Salary: £140000 - £180000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Middle Office Analyst - Derivatives
Location: Paris, Île-de-France
Salary: €70000 - €80000 per annum + Bonus + Bens
Senior Shipping Specialist
Location: Moscow, Moscow Oblast
Salary: US$70000 - US$80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Deputy Company Secretary
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £80000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England
Salary: £30000 - £33000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits