The Role and Job Responsibilities
- Month end/quarter end close process: production of accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, AR/AP ledger and inter-company reconciliations and the ability to perform group consolidations including foreign subsidiaries
- Data analysis and commentary: review of financial data to ensure general ledger is complete and accurate (costs are accrued and prepaid as appropriate and revenue is accurately reported) and the production of quarter end commentaries.
- Production of local UK statutory filings: VAT returns and other HMRC filings.
- Reconciliations between accounting systems and local accountants for foreign subsidiaries. This will include liaising with foreign accountants to resolve reconciling differences.
- Process and systems development: engage in systems projects to develop existing systems and implement new systems to enhance control, efficiency and value of finance function.
- Production of relevant information and audit schedules as part of the audit process including financial statements preparation.
Key Qualifications/Skills Required
To be considered for this role you will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Experienced in the preparation of monthly accounts (including consolidations) in a multi-currency environment including commentaries.
- Proven track record of committing to and delivering to deadlines with the ability to cope with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Experienced in process development and systems implementations/integrations e.g. Concur expense, AP automations, Online Banking platform integrations.
- Excellent excel skills. Strong working knowledge of Great Plains/Dynamics is a preference. Power Pivot experience is also desirable.
- Energy and drive to succeed in a fluid environment. Clear and logical approach with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.