The Role and Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the month end/quarter end close process: production of prepayments, fixed assets, accruals, AR/AP ledger and inter-company reconciliations and the ability to perform group consolidations including foreign subsidiaries.
- Reconciliations between accounting systems and local accountants for foreign subsidiaries. You will need to liaise with foreign accountants to resolve reconciling differences.
- To analyse data and perform commentary: review of financial data to ensure general ledger is complete and accurate (costs are accrued and prepaid as appropriate and revenue is accurately reported) and the production of quarter end commentaries.
- Process and systems development: engage in systems projects to develop existing systems and implement new systems to enhance control, efficiency and value of finance function.
- Production of local UK statutory filings: VAT returns and other HMRC filings.
- Production of relevant information and audit schedules as part of the audit process including financial statements preparation.
Key Qualifications/Skills Required:
To be considered for this role you will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Qualified accountant.
- Previous experience in the preparation of monthly accounts (including consolidations) in a multi-currency environment including commentaries.
- Proven track record of committing to and delivering to deadlines with the ability to cope with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Experienced in process development and systems implementations/integrations e.g. Concur expense, AP automations, Online Banking platform integrations.
- Excellent excel skills. Strong working knowledge of Great Plains/Dynamics is a preference. Power Pivot experience is also desirable.
- Energy and drive to succeed in a fluid environment. Clear and logical approach with the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.