Senior Financial & Regulatory Accountant
£35000 - £55000 (dependant oin experience) + bonus + benefits
London - City
London branch bank of international banking group with circa 100 employees has an opportunity to join its central finance team
Working within a small team, you will be responsible for all operational aspects related to:
- Preparation of Head Office daily and monthly returns including General Ledger accounts and management reports.
- Prepare all statutory accounting information in accordance, and in compliance, with UK laws and guidance and Group procedures
- Prepare accurate and timely FCA supervisory returns, Bank of England statistics, regulatory reports, Bank of England
- Preparation of HMRC, including VAT, Corporation Tax and LRT returns
- Reconciliation of Nostro accounts and reporting of un-reconciled items, documentation and where necessary, posting of all entries in relation to interest claims, non-receipt, value date entries in accordance with Branch rules and UK legal requirements.
- Printing, distribution and filing of all reports required with regard to investigations and Nostro reconciliations
- Investigating, documenting and resolving any and all queries with relation to movements of cash across Nostro accounts with relation to Finance Department.
- Responding to departmental enquiries with regard to investigations and Nostro balances / entries.
- Design, implementation and compliance with up-dated procedures with regard to investigations and Nostro reconciliations.
- Resolution, documentation and where necessary, posting of all entries with relation to interest claims, non-receipt, value date entries etc
- Update Excel spreadsheets on statement balances and inform Dealers
- Report to Senior Management on a weekly and monthly basis with regard to the current status of the Nostro Accounts
- Preparation, maintenance of reports/data with regard to external parties especially Head office queries.
- Control and review of all General Ledger Accounts under the responsibility of the Finance Area.
- Assistance in the preparation of other Management Reports such as Profit Centre Accounts and Management Accounts.
- Maintain and develop all accounting records of the Bank including Static data on the Mainframe and supplementary computer systems.
- Assistance in developing systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies with regard to department needs.
THE SUCCESFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA etc…)
- Minimum of 2 years working in a Finance environment, preferably banking;
- Knowledge of FCA supervisory & Bank of England statistical returns and STB software;
- Good skills in Microsoft applications (Excel, Access and Word);