Senior Fund Controller
Salary: Dependant on experience
The company is a Pan-European real estate investment management group. They have been experiencing a period of rapid expansion over the past few years and currently have £12 billion under management. Despite this they are looking to grow even further and are seeking experienced, motivated individuals who can help them achieve their goals.
The Fund Controller will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of a recently launched European Co-Investment fund with investor commitments of over £500 million as well as possessing oversight of a Closed End European Fund with a NAV of £200 million. There is an anticipation that an additional fund will be launched within the next 12 months with a value of over £500 million which would also fall within the remit of this position. Reporting to the Head of Financial Operations the role is highly varied and includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Supervision of the production of annual financial statements (IFRS) for the main fund and other associated feeder (US GAAP) or investment vehicles (Lux GAAP/IFRS) including leading audit process
- Coordination and sign off on quarterly investor reporting, including liaising with the investment team, investor services and the fund accountants
- Review of pricing committee pack
- Set up and review of performance fee calculations
- Ensuring tax compliance for the structure
- Supervision and review of annual financial statements (IFRS)
- Review and approval of the monthly NAV statement
- Review and sign off of the quarterly investor report
- Presentation of key financials at the AGM
- Review of monthly valuations and quarterly investor report for approximately six segregated account clients including performance analysis & measurement of investments.
- Assist with the review of pricing/valuations for European investments
- Supporting the Head of Financial Operations on due diligence for all European investments.
- Adhoc project work.
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this excellent role, you must meet the following criteria
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience
- Relevant workplace experience with a strong Pan-European investment background
- Management experience not essential but highly desirable
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including, but not limited to, differing GAAP's, IRFS and INREV
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Able to work to different deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for problem solving