Senior Fund Research Analyst
£60000 - £65000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are one of the fastest growing wealth management companies in the UK whose clients feel valued and respected. The company has a collegiate culture as evidenced by its strong employee ownership. They are now making an important addition to their fund research team and is an excellent opportunity to become involved in the growth of the business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
In order to be considered for this new role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- At minimum of at least five years' experience conducting fund research, including Fixed Income funds
- CFA qualified Charterholder as well as strong academics
- Strong team player who challenges the norm
- An interest / specialism in fixed income as well as a broad church including Impact and Sustainable investing
- Working to tight deadlines with good initiative and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Experience with the following: Morningstar, Excel (Advanced), Bloomberg, Microsoft Office
You will work alongside members of the investment team, including Portfolio Managers, to conduct third party fund research with a focus on fixed income although you will also look at other fund types as well.
- As a key team member, you will act with a high degree of autonomy to timelines; conducting independent research to find potential new trade and fund ideas for recommendation ultimately to clients.
- You will work closely with investment managers, with the Chief Strategist in developing investment strategy.
- You also be expected to collaborate with, guide and mentor other analysts on the team.
- Undertaking independent quantitative and qualitative research, including meeting fund managers meetings especially fixed income funds;
- Provide analysis and due diligence reports to Portfolio Managers, presenting the conclusions to the Investment Committee.
- Continuous review of funds' performance and updating recommendations, including conducting update meetings with fund managers.
- Engaging with Portfolio Managers on a proactive basis to discuss potential new ideas and portfolio changes needed.