|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£65000 - £70000 per annum|
|Job Published:||almost 4 years ago|
- To support the Audit Manager in the delivery of the Internal Audit programme and provision of other internal services.
- Actively contribute to an Internal Audit function that focuses upon the Region's risk priorities and identifies solutions that significantly impacts the performance of the Group and enhances shareholder value.
- Undertake other tasks in support of the GIA function as directed by the Audit Manager and deputise as required.
- Support the Audit Manager and Regional Chief Auditor in the fulfilment of the GIA Annual Operational Plan & Balanced Scorecard
- Support the Internal Audit Manager in the production of an Audit Needs Assessment and delivery of an annual Audit Plan that reflects the known and emerging risk environment
- Working either solo or in teams with other Senior Internal Auditors, undertake the delivery of high quality, commercially focussed audits that fulfil the audit objectives, manages client expectations and identify & assess key risk areas
- Track actions to ensure that the issues arising from Internal Audits are rectified
- Ensure key observations and knowledge is shared in order to improve risk management practice throughout the Region
- Support the GCC Audit Manager in the production of the monthly & quarterly department reporting - Monthly Control Report, Issues Tracking & Update, Quarterly Opinion,
- Manage and develop all key stakeholders and assurance providers, in particular, building strong relationships with Divisional Management, External Auditors, GCC/Regional Risk, Legal & Compliance and other key networks as appropriate to encourage open discussion over issues, risks and commitment to problem solving
- Where assigned as Lead Auditor, manage, lead, motivate and develop other Senior Internal Auditors in the delivery of the audit plan, ensuring high quality audits and continuing personal and professional development objectives are advanced
- Identify and promote market-leading audit practice, including utilisation of on-line audit tools (eg Auto-Audit/Risk Navigator)
- Ensure full compliance with company procedures and policy
- Undertake ad hoc investigations, support Divisional projects as required and seek to identify and develop consultancy opportunities
- Support the Group/Regional Chief Auditor in the prioritsation and delivery of worldwide audits, supporting the development of the global Internal Audit function in line with Group and Regional strategy.
- Support identification, assessment, development and promotion of best practice methods and practices for internal audit.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience/skills
-Relevant professional qualification e.g. MIIA, Chartered Accountant, Chartered Insurer, IT or Project Management
-Post-qualification experience, preferably in financial sectorProven track record as an effective internal or external auditor in insurance/financial services
-Good skills in:
- Internal Audit methods
- Risk management and control methods
- Project management
- Communication (oral and written)
- Relationship management (at senior levels)
- People management
-Knowledge of the Insurance Market/Industry
- Self motivated, flexible and capable of working within deadlines, independently and as a part of a team.
- Capable of understanding the applications of a range of audit techniques including operational, financial and computer audit review and ability to develop practical solutions to a range of audit issues
- Computer literate