Senior Management Accountant - (up to 12 months Fixed Term Contract)
£70000 (pro rated) + 20% bonus (half guaranteed / half performance) + benefits
Global investment management group manage over $300bn via an international network of offices providing institutional and retail funds to an array of institutional and private client investors. They have a progressive environment and offer excellent career development and exposure.
The finance management information team are taking on a number of additional responsibilities with respect to Deal completion including supporting the conversion to and reporting under US GAAP and SEC / UKLA filings, as well as additional 5 year planning & ICAAP analysis. The management information team require an additional resource for up to 12 months to assist with the delivery of both merger related activity including supporting integration synergy tracking and the monitoring and reporting of integration costs means that additional short term resources are required, and to backfill existing staff while they work on the merger. The role includes the following:
- Monitor and report merger integration costs across multiple workstreams, working closely with workstream leaders to ensure they understand their financial position and control their expenditure in line with budget. Prepare variance analysis on actual spend versus budget and rolling monthly forecasts to reflect latest integration plans.
- Assist with the tracking of merger synergies across multiple business units, working with Finance colleagues in both the companies that are merging, with a focus on non-staff costs
- Support the year end reporting cycle including ensuring the accuracy and consistency of analyst presentations and the annual report and accounts
- Assist with the delivery of various management information outputs including monthly business unit cost reporting, headcount reconciliations and ad hoc financial analysis
- You will be liaising with merger integration workstream leads, the Management Information team and the Financial Control team of both major merged companies.
- The finance management information team are taking on a number of additional responsibilities with respect to Deal completion including supporting the conversion to and reporting under US GAAP and SEC / UKLA filings, as well as additional 5 year planning & ICAAP analysis. The latest requirement
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for the role, you must meet the following criteria
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) or equivalent with experience of costs and expenses
- Minimum of 3 years FP&A or management reporting experience in a customer facing role
- Financial Services experience is essential
- Ability to work independently and solve process challenges with minimal supervision
- Self-starter with proven problem solving capabilities including efficient analysis of complex data structures
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge the status quo, influence and manage key stakeholders
- Advanced Excel, intermediate PowerPoint and Word