Senior Management and Financial Accountant
£70,000 - £85,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a leading integrated investment banking and corporate advisory firm with a strong client base and reputation. They service both UK and overseas institutions. They have a strong employee philosophy which encourages loyalty and continuity. They now have a key high profile within their finance function for a motivated person who is able to work as part of a team but also to work independently.
This is a "hands on" role within a small finance department of 6 and reports to the Head of Finance. The department is responsible for Financial, Management and Regulatory Reporting as well as Accounts Payable/Receivable. You will need to be a good communicator as you will need to speak to Heads of Departments and the business. The role includes the following:
- Preparation and production of financial statements under IFRS for the group, including acting as main contact for external audit
- Understanding the accounting systems and improving procedures
- Oversight of input into accounting systems, including general ledger and accounts payable/receivable
- Supervision of accounts payable/receivable and assistant management accountant
- Preparation of monthly financial consolidation
- Production of VAT returns and corporation tax calculations
- Involvement/management of various ad-hoc internal reporting projects
- Maintenance of reporting structures in Oracle Essbase, and other reporting data sources
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly board reporting packs
- Oversight/review of management reporting process and balance sheet reconciliations/controls for all group companies
- Preparation of monthly forecasts, cashflow analysis and annual budget (Includes liaising with front office department heads)
- Assist FinOp in preparation and production of US annual financial statements
Who They are Looking For
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant with good academics
- Experience working in an internal Finance function with experience of management and financial accounting to IFRS standards.
- Motivated/entrepreneurial nature with excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong communication skills and a team player but able to work independently.
- Financial services background gained within a bank or broker/dealer environment.
- Previous supervisory experience would be beneficial.
- Oracle Essbase (or similar) experience desirable.