|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£66000 - £85000 per annum + Exceptional Benefits + Bonus|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Operational Risk Analyst
£66,000 - £85,000 + Excellent benefits + Bonus
They are a well-known and strongly established banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and is a highly collegiate environment. Apart from a good working environment you will also play a key part in shaping the operational risk processes and profile of the bank.
Skills and Qualifications Needed
- Operational Risk experience gained within an environment where a mature operational risk process has been developed
- Relevant experience in risk management, within a financial services environment;
- A working knowledge of risk management techniques, such as risk assessment or root cause analysis is advantageous;
- Experience of incident management processes and able to use experience
- Experience of meaningful operational risk reporting and able to look at existing reporting with a fresh perspective to ensure that appropriate tools and reports exist
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience of Enterprise Wide Operational Risk and issue management solutions would be helpful from perspective of appreciation of application and operation in an Operational Risk management environment;
- Peripheral vision of how operational risk fits within the wider risk environment and a business;
- Confidence, ability to operate at multiple venues including senior management committees;
- A problem solver, a self-starter, very well organised, intellectually curious and collaborative, ability to work with minimal supervision;
You will be responsible in assisting the Deputy Head of Risk working as a member of the Operational Risk Team to support the shaping of the Operational Risk Management Framework; its implementation and maintenance. To promote the three lines of defence model and a culture of ownership and accountability for risk across the Bank. You will work with Risk Owners at all levels, Compliance and Internal Audit, External Auditors. The role will be a supportive role in Regulatory engagements as appropriate. Duties and Responsibilities:
Enhancements to the Risk Management Framework:
Support the Deputy Head of Risk to shape and implement enhancements to the Operational Risk Framework. This will include:
- Leading the review and enhancement of the Bank-wide Incident Management Process and System to enable incidents to be managed, captured and reported effectively.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to the Risk and Control Self-Assessment Process to support the maintenance of a robust control environment.
- Recommending and implementing enhancements to reporting on the Bank's operational risk profile.
- Support the updating of key risk documents - such as the Risk Management Framework and the Operational Risk Policy.
- Support the Deputy Head of Risk in the review of the Operational Risk Appetite Statements and metrics. Recommend changes to metrics/thresholds as appropriate.
- In parallel to the overarching improvements to the incident management process and system, lead the enterprise-wide examination of incidents reported via the Incident Management System via appropriate engagement with the business reporting, findings, lessons learned and recommendations.
- Escalate and conduct oversight of serious notifiable events in line with policy to closure.
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events or complaints to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
- Support the operational risk analyst in the on-going maintenance and monitoring of the Bank's current and emerging risks.
- Support the operational risk analyst in reviewing and challenging the first line of defence on how operational risks are identified, assessed and managed to ensure an appropriate control environment.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders, including at senior levels, to gather, assess and report key risk information.
- Risk Reporting
- Working with the Operational Risk Analyst, produce a range of regular and ad-hoc risk reporting to support Committee meetings.
- Analysing identified trends in the key risk indicators reported to Management/Audit Risk and Compliance Committee
Operational Risk Team
- Acting as alternate to colleagues as required.
- Provide support on ad-hoc tasks as required
- Support the development of knowledge and understanding of operational risk within the Risk Team and the Bank.
- Training as required on operational risk issues
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Operational Risk Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £95000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Risk Manager - Dubai
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Salary: US$80000 - US$100000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Compliance Advisory Officer
Location: London, England
Salary: £85000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Treasury Manager - Dubai
Salary: US$80000 - US$200000 per annum + Tax Free + Bonus+Benefits
Finance Business Partner
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits