|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£450 - £500 per day|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Senior Operational Risk Contractor
To £500 per day or SALARIED 6 MONTHS FTC
They are a well-known and strongly established banking group. The bank is undergoing a risk re-development programme upgrading its risk areas to ensure they meet business needs and practices. This contract role is integral and has 4 main projects which the successful candidate will be involved in.
Skills and Qualifications Needed
- Operational Risk experience gained within an environment where a mature operational risk process has been developed
- Relevant experience in risk management, within a financial services environment;
- A working knowledge of risk management techniques, such as risk assessment or root cause analysis is advantageous;
- Experience of incident management processes and able to use experience
- Experience of meaningful operational risk reporting and able to look at existing reporting with a fresh perspective to ensure that appropriate tools and reports exist
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience of Enterprise Wide Operational Risk and issue management solutions would be helpful from perspective of appreciation of application and operation in an Operational Risk management environment;
- Peripheral vision of how operational risk fits within the wider risk environment and a business;
- Confidence, ability to operate at multiple venues including senior management committees;
- A problem solver, a self-starter, very well organised, intellectually curious and collaborative, ability to work with minimal supervision;
Working as a member of the Operational Risk Team you will work specifically on a number of areas but specifically on the following:Review and revise the incident management process and system
- In parallel to the overarching improvements to the incident management process and system, lead the enterprise-wide examination of incidents reported via the Incident Management System via appropriate engagement with the business reporting, findings, lessons learned and recommendations.
- Escalate and conduct oversight of serious notifiable events in line with policy to closure.
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events or complaints to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future.
Thoroughly review and improve the bank's RCSA process
- reviewing and challenging the first line of defence on how operational risks are identified, assessed and managed to ensure an appropriate control environment.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders, including at senior levels, to gather, assess and report key risk information and ensure embedded in processes.
Thoroughly review the bank's operational risk reporting and improve it
Thoroughly review the bank's operational risk appetite metrics and recommend changes to metrics/thresholds as appropriate
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Operational Risk Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £95000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Operational Risk Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Compliance Advisory Officer
Location: City of London, London
Salary: £80000 - £97000 per annum + Attractive Benefits + Bonus
Legal & Regulatory Assistant
Salary: €50000 - €60000 per annum + + Banking benefits package