|Salary:||£95000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Senior Operational Risk Manager
£95,000 - £110,000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
They are a well-known and strongly established and highly successful banking group. The bank has been undergoing a risk re-development programme upgrading its risk areas to ensure they meet business needs and practices. This role will be integral in helping drive the whole of operational risk management. Having almost completed this process, they are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, finish the build and run the BAU. You must be able to engage with stakeholders, heads of departments and also those who do not appreciate the significance of risk processes ensuring that all are educated in the framework and its importance to the Bank as well as owning the framework.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be considered for this role, you must be a strong Subject Matter Expert who is passionate about operational risk who can combine their focus with strong soft skills in a bank undergoing change.. You should possess the following:
- Operational Risk experience gained within an environment where a mature operational risk process has been developed
- Have demonstrable strong stakeholder management skills
- Relevant experience in risk management, within a financial services environment;
- A strong working knowledge of risk management techniques, such as risk assessment or root cause analysis is needed;
- Experience of meaningful operational risk reporting and able to look at existing reporting with a fresh perspective to ensure that appropriate tools and reports exist
- Experience of incident management processes
- Experience of RCSAs
- Experience across the range of operational risk toolkit (eg shaping and leading an RCSA process)
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written - with an ability to operate at multiple venues including senior management committees
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to be flexible/adaptable
- Ability to problem solve, be a self-starter and be proactive
- Ability to take ownership of tasks/projects and drive them through to completion
- Ability to shape projects and to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with the supervisory environment (FCA/PRA) and pro-active in ensuring organisational compliance with regulatory principles and directives e.g. TCF.
- Peripheral vision of how operational risk fits within the wider risk environment and a business;
- Able to effectively communicate to those that have less risk knowledge / basic risk knowledge and get buy in to ensure training and embedding the framework with people across the bank.
- Confidence, ability to operate at multiple venues including senior management committees;
- A problem solver, a self-starter, very well organised, intellectually curious and collaborative, ability to work with minimal supervision;
This is a second line of defence role. Reporting to the Group Deputy Head of Risk, the Operational Risk Manager will:
- Lead, own and development and maintenance of bank's Operational Risk Framework.
- Conduct the oversight and challenge of the bank's key operational risks.
- Lead the production of the bank's operational risk reporting.
- Promote the three lines of defence model and a culture of ownership and accountability for risk across the Bank.
- Use strong stakeholder management skills
- You will work with Risk Owners at all levels, Compliance and Internal Audit, External Auditors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
Operational Risk Framework
- Develop and maintain the Operational Risk Management Framework. This will include:
o Producing and executing the plan for developing the bank's Operational Risk Management Framework.
o Recommending and implementing improvements to the Risk and Control Self-Assessment Process to support the maintenance of a robust control environment.
o Supporting the Deputy Head of Risk to embed the key operational risk tools within the business.
- Maintain key Operational Risk documents - the Operational Risk Management Framework Document and key operational risk policies (such as the Incident Management Policy).
- Support the Deputy Head of Risk in the review of the Operational Risk Appetite Statements and metrics. Recommend and implement changes to statements/metrics/thresholds as appropriate.
Please note currently this is a remote role but as soon as the pandemic ends and it is safe the role will be office based.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Alternatives Senior Analyst
Location: London, England
Salary: £Excellent salary dependent on experience per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Analyst - Investment Advisory
Salary: £75000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Business Development Manager
Location: London, England
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + Attractive Commission + Benefits + Bonus
Head of Investment Department
Location: London, England
Salary: £100000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Private Equity Fund Accountant
Location: Surrey, England
Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits