|Salary:||£70000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus and Bens|
|Job Published:||over 3 years ago|
Senior Operations Manager (Certified Person)
Up to £75,000 (DOE)
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. No equity trading is undertaken.
Reporting directly to the COO, you'll have total oversight of all staff, systems and processes in banking operations. You'll be tasked with ensuring that the service provided by operations achieves service standards and adheres to controls and regulations. You'll be managing teams across retail operations, counter services, treasury operations, non-traded operation and operations control unit.
- Oversee the processing of all operational sections to ensure due process, accuracy and accountability are followed and that they are compliant with local legislation and regulation. Ensure appropriate escalation of Operational incidents or inability to process work that could lead to client impact.
- Ensure that the Operational Risk framework is adhered to by all Operations teams and timely reporting of incidents and escalation when applicable as per company policies. Complete monthly Operational Risk packs in line with agreed RSCAs, KRIs and Standard Operating Procedures highlighting any gaps. You'll also ensure staff are kept up to date with these requirements.
- Manage service delivery to both internal and external clients using the service catalogue model, track and review MI and completion of KPIs and report to both the business and the relevant Risk and Executive Management Committees.
- Manage all staff resources to ensure optimum efficiency, suitability, flexibility and capability of staff to perform their respective roles, providing training and cross training as necessary to achieve this. Ensure these disciplines are carried out within all teams and across Operations as a whole.
- Responsible for the plan to ensure continuity of business operations including review of disaster recovery plans to protect business operations in the event of major crisis, ensuring that service to clients are of low impact.
- As a certified person under PRA and FCA's Senior Management and Certification Regime, you'll be required to remain fit and proper for the role at all times, ensuring that you abide to conduct rules set out in the FCA handbook and all breaches are reported to compliance.
- You'll have knowledge and expertise in operations covering both retail and wholesale products, and be looking develop staff in all disciplines for a cross product workforce.
- You'll be a strong leader of people with the ability to manage multiple teams, and effectively utilise resources. You'll also be able to communicate complex information that can impact operations to colleagues, clients and stakeholders.
- You'll fully understand the severity and potential impact of a wide range of risks and allocate necessary resource to mitigate impact. As the jobholder you'll be fully accountable for the compliance of a function and act as a knowledge leader. You'll actively understand and interpret changes in regulation that could impact operations, and will update process and procedures accordingly.
- You'll have a minimum of 5 years managerial experience in all the main areas of operations in an international bank.
- Strong academic background. Educated to degree level is highly desirable.
By applying to this job you are agreeing to our privacy notice which is freely available to view at: https://www.cameronkennedy.com/privacy