|Salary:||Up to £90000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
Senior Programme Delivery Manager
£90000 + Bonus + Benefits
Growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. No equity trading is undertaken.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree educated preferred;
- Experience of delivering large multiyear portfolios across multiple business units;
- Minimum 6-8 years in Project Management.
- Knowledge of Consumer Banking Business/Product/Operations and IT system development life cycle preferred;
- Project management qualification preferred e.g. APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ), Prince2 practitioner;
- Business change management, process re-engineering experience;
- Substantial percentage of experience obtained within financial services;
- Experience of managing stakeholders to executive levels;
- Possessing leadership & strong influencing skills;
- Works well in a matrix reporting environment.
Reporting to the CEO, and managing 3 direct reports as well as contractors. You will liaise internally with all bank departments involved in projects, bank management team members sponsoring projects, operational risk and the Bank's overseas Head Office (external contacts will include external consultants and vendors. In conjunction with the CEO, you will establish and manage the Bank's project and program governance framework and build a culture and embed new working practices throughout the Bank to improve the execution of business change. Implement a project management process in the Bank based on Group standards, including document standards and approval processes. You will manage an assigned portfolio of cross-functional, Business, Operational & Technology projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the execution of projects;
- Develop and implements project plans, including; budgets, tasks, deliverables, accountabilities, schedule and RAID log;
- Ensure that appropriate entry and exit criteria are established and adhered to for key project phases;
- Ensure that projects adhere to agreed disciplines e.g. appropriate approvals are in place, sponsors are identified, business objectives are clear;
- Identify key decisions, issues, and risks during the project and ensures timely escalation and resolution;
- Provide timely and transparent communications throughout the project life cycle including status reports;
- Manage, chair and document appropriate working team and steering committee meetings;
- Develop, maintain and enhance project management and project governance framework and tools to deliver successful project results with high degree of quality;
- Play a key role in project governance / prioritisation and resource assignments across the Bank. Maintain all documentation arising from the governance processes;
- Alignment with and regular updates to Group Head Office including adopting and localising group wide process standards;
- Coach staff in other departments who are acting as project managers as appropriate;
- Manage business analysis function;
- Chairperson of Change Governance Committee.