Senior Risk Analyst
to £75,000 Bonus + Benefits
London: City Location
The Company is an expanding, full service regulated brokerage and financial services group with a truly global presence. They have a new opportunity available with commodity industry experience.
Reporting to the Risk Operations Manager, the Senior Risk Analyst will be responsible for diligently assisting in managing the organisation's risk and helping to implement, oversee and maintain the risk management framework inclusive of the Risk Appetite and Risk Tolerances within the company and in line with its strategic plans and its third party outsourced activities. This includes assisting in developing and maintaining detailed risk management policies and processes and providing specialist support and advice to the business, working with key business stakeholders to facilitate the improvement of the risk management framework across the company. Responsibilities include:
- Review risk metrics methodologies including but not exclusively (VaR, Stress Test, LVaR, Back testing, NPVaR, what if scenarios)
- Implement and utilise a Net Present Value at Risk model across multiple financial and commodity products including Futures, Options, Swaps, and Bonds
- Preparation of calculation of VaR and Greeks for trading scenarios
- Responsible for Risk-Reward analysis for traders on their location and calendar spreads strategies
- Prepare daily, monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting (P&L, Greeks, VaR, Stress Tests, Liquidity Adjusted VaR, Backtesting, NPVaR, PaR)
- Review the validation of markets and windows liquidity, and trading periods in VaR methodologies
- Devise and implement a stress-testing framework: focused on assessing the impacts of several market scenarios on client P&L's.
- Assessing stress-test result vs. limit and communicating breaches to senior management
- Analysing the impact of stress-test vs. liquidity
- Prepare reports for trader limit control procedures assessing trader exposure against pre-defined limits: including margin, VaR and greek exposures.
- Producing and communicating key risk reports for senior management
- Understanding impact of liquidity on trading constraint for front office
- Monitor real-time risk monitoring of clients, encompassing trader and exposure limit control
- Analysing suitability of initial margin, for new products
- Make an assessment of our economic capital requirement
- Analyse Risk methodologies including calculation of VaR, stress testing techniques, trading strategies, and Greek based risk measurement.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding in the trading of future and options derivatives, Equities/CFD's and FX
- Ability to liaise with front-office and discuss limit setting.
- Understanding of Trading platforms
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- At least 5 years previous experience in a risk management role and VAR and NPV within a brokerage or trading firm;
- Background in commodities and Futures and Options;
- Previous experience using Electronic Trading Platforms and advanced Excel knowledge;
- Excellent knowledge of industry best risk management practice including FCA/regulatory requirements;
- Experience in developing and implementing risk management policies and processes;
- Ability to understand and articulate the commercial benefits of effective risk management;
- Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills;
- Ability to analyse, present and report risk management data to Directors and ability to provide and respond to challenge at senior/executive level;
- Ability to adapt and respond to change.
By applying to this job you are agreeing to our privacy notice which is freely available to view at: https://www.cameronkennedy.com/privacy