£45,000 - £55,000
City of London
12 Month FTC
My client is an International specialist banking group. They are after a settlements manager to oversee the day to day running of the team on a fixed term basis. The role is being offered on a 12 month fixed term basis.
As part of the wider Trading and Treasury operations, you'll have oversight of a team of 4/5 people, who are responsible for Money Market and FX settlements, alongside managing the banks Intraday liquidity. The team work closely with the banks central Treasury desk. The team are responsible for:
- Payment input and authorisation
- Proactive monitoring and management of bank account balances and cash flow movements
- Monitoring Swift confirmations
- CLS Matching - ensure that all CLS eligible trades are matched, monitoring CLS positions throughout the day, and agreeing netted payments at close of business
- Ensuring all payments/receipts for Securities Operations are settled in the internal systems
- Generation of reports in relation to Intra-day liquidity Management
- Agreeing and settling FX netting values with other Investec entities/ bi-lateral counterparties
- Ensuring sound processes and procedures are in line with Market Practice and Regulations
You'll have oversight of the day to day running of the team. As the manager your duties will include:
- Hands on approach for the management of the day to day within the team.
- Management of the team including coaching and development of the team members, managing team performance and completion of annual Team PDR process
- Resourcing model - review of current resourcing, ensuring we have the expertise to support the business as it grows
- Partnering with the Front Office desks to ensure the function is providing the right support for the Business
- Automation of current manual processes to increase scalability
- Implement a culture of continual process improvements
As the manager you'll need to have demonstrable knowledge/experience with the following:
- Swift messaging system.
- CLS Settlements
- Liquidity Management