|Location:||North West England, England|
|Salary:||£18000 - £20000 per annum|
|Job Published:||almost 4 years ago|
My client is looking for a Settlements Officer to join their team based in NW England. This bank is experiencing a period of rapid growth and are looking for people with experience in back office/admin office roles.
The ideal Settlements Officer should have excellent numerical and organisational skills; have accurate keyboard skills along with a professional and courteous telephone manner. Working within a team of 10, the Settlements Officer will be responsible for accurate and timely execution and delivery of Customer and Bank transactions, working to SLA's and dealing with both inward and outward payments. They will ensure the team continues to deliver a first rate Customer Service internally and externally adhering to Bank Procedures and Internal Controls.
The role will involve working on a shift pattern basis, with shifts between 8am and 7pm Monday - Friday.
- Inputting/processing /authorising payments
- Carrying out investigations
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- General database maintenance
- Working within a team of 10, provide back-office support and service on banking operations
- Responsible for processing of Customer Transactions: BACS, CHAPS, and International Payments
- Proactive in proposing and providing processing solutions
Key skills / Experience:
- Relevant experience within a Back office / administration office environment
- Payments experience is preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge of Swift Messaging - MT103 / MT202 would be advantageous, but not essential
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business
- Excellent Communication Skills, with ability to provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Able to work in a fast paced pressured environment, maintaining accuracy and quality