Settlements, Processing & Payments Manager
£40,000 - £45,000 + Bonus + Bens
West Kent/Greater London
12 Month FTC
My client are a leading global provider of financial administration solutions. They are of Europe's leading asset servicing platforms, interacting with almost 6 million investors, administering and safeguarding £600 billion in assets across a number of highly regulated markets.
To manage a team of 7, you'll oversee the settlement of all stock and cash trades placed by the business including the dealing team, corporate actions and dividend reinvestment, ensuring that all market norms are adhered to and the service provides a seamless service to shareholders.
This role will be responsible for all of the technical processes and need to conform to all of the regulatory obligations including but not limited to the CASS rules applicable to the functions.
- Ensure that CREST is fully supported and we have the appropriate robustness around controls
- Settlement of on market and off market residual securities
- Post trade support to Front and Middle Office
- Working with Senior Management on process improvements
- Liaising with direct reports to ensure all development / training plans and coaching of staff are implemented to maximise full potential and any concerns regarding team and individual performance are managed
- Ensure staff appraisals and objective setting goals are carried out on a half yearly and yearly basis
- Ensure full compliance with internal and external procedures and FCA regulations.
- Ensure service levels standards are adhered to
- Ensure that all office administration is dealt with effectively by direct reports.
- Regularly monitoring service levels, driving the department to ensure optimum performance
- Plan, monitor and co-ordinate workloads to ensure appropriate resources/skills within the team are utilised to maintain performance standards
- Monitor the effectiveness of working procedures and ensure that these are met by all staff
- Ensure that work is carried out within agreed procedures and time frames so as to meet Capita IRG standards and those recognised at industry level
- Analyse statistics highlighting and following up any causes for concern
- Liaise with other areas and resolve issues where appropriate and raise the profile of the department
- Keep informed and up to date of the business issues to enable you to deal with internal/external issues
- Ensure key controls are completed within the month they are due and that any issues highlighted or addressed are followed through to resolution
- Ensure functions are performed within the framework of the CASS rules.
- Attached is a matrix that sets out the responsibilities to ensure CASS objectives are met.
- IOC Qualified
- 2 Years experience within a management function.
- Payments or Settlements background.
- Demonstrable CREST system knowledge.
- Demonstrable CASS knowledge and experience.