Strategy & MI Senior Analyst
£60,000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
Who they are
They are an expanding, specialist bank with an excellent reputation and a strong collegiate culture and friendly and team orientated working environment. They now have a high profile, commercial role which has a direct impact on the strategy and the underlying business of the bank. The role provides financial and business insights to the bank, particularly in the areas of strategy, customers and performance and efficiency.
Being a key member of Finance's analytical team, you will need to understand the bank's business model, strategy and key metrics. You will also design and implement KPI and performance metrics to support the business as well as undertaking ad hoc reviews on a project-by-project basis. There will also be a component of streamlining and automating existing MI reporting. Your role will be wide ranging and will include:
- Performing and publishing internal analysis of the bank's customers and business lines, identifying and explaining trends, providing insights, conclusions and recommendations. This will include design, development and embedding of regular reporting as well as ad hoc reporting of customers, segments, performance and efficiency measures, competitor performance, strategy, developments and changes.
- Development and integration of the bank's performance metrics in conjunction with the management accounting and regulatory reporting teams to develop automate current and new reports and expand the availability of high quality MI across the business including the development of dashboards.
- Respond to questions from other departments and source data from other departments when necessary (e.g. when responding to a question) and to sense check responses.
- Working with other finance colleagues and senior bank executives to ensure analysis is consistent with other related analysis and reporting to ensure quality analysis is delivered to the business.
- Carry out and report on ad hoc reviews to support Executive Group and Board as required.
Who They Are Looking For
If you would like to apply and be considered for this role, you must meet the following essential criteria:
- A Graduate Qualified Accountant with post qualified accounting or consultancy experience with exposure to financial services preferably some banking industry;
- An understanding of and interest in banking business models and knowledge of different business models;
- Strategy review and competitor analytics experience;
- Good understanding of the role of value adding MI and analysis, KPIs and other MI;
- Previous management reporting experience including development of new reporting/metrics, KPI metrics, process improvement;
- Demonstrable experience in addressing ad hoc questions including developing models to conduct relevant analysis;
- Strong system and Microsoft skills including advanced Excel and financial modelling required;
- Strong interest in new techniques and approaches to data analytics and presentation;
- Strong interest in the general economic environment, competitor landscape and the developing influence of technology.
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
- Some knowledge of regulatory reporting/requirements, stress and scenario testing and/or risk reporting would be useful
- High level of attention to detail and ability to demonstrate sound logical and analytical approach
- Good organisational and planning skills, ability to work under pressure and be adaptable
- Experience of general ledger accounting software desirable
- Experience with performance management systems including database structures and rules based analysis desirable