Syndicate Accountant - Group Finance
£50,000 - £65,000 (dependant on experience)+ bonus + benefits
City of London
They are a rapidly growing Lloyds insurance managing agent and underwriter with an excellent reputation. They have a new role which sits within group finance but also works closely with their syndicate business as well as working on specific group finance related projects.
Reporting to a Financial Controller, this role involves both working on the syndicate accounting side and also helping with aspects of group finance as well. Although there would be lots of Syndicate reporting, there would also be lots of exciting finance projects to be getting involved in such as Solvency II, design of data warehouse and FRS102 implementation as well as supervision of other staff as well as the opportunity to develop as this is an ever-growing, ever-changing environment. The role will involve amongst other things:
- Liaison with senior management as well as with external parties, including syndicate banks and investment managers, auditors, third party capital providers and Lloyd's.
- Maintenance of syndicate accounting records, production of management accounts and Lloyd's regulatory reporting; operation of syndicate treasury functions.
- Preparation of monthly syndicate underwriting results for main Syndicate 1955 and Special Purpose Syndicates.
- Compilation of all Lloyd's syndicate regulatory and trust fund returns, including project management of quarterly QMA submission.
- Review and oversight of daily and weekly cash movement recording.
- Compilation of monthly syndicate management accounts and year end statutory accounts.
- Oversight of key syndicate controls, including reconciliation of technical accounts and LCA balances.
- Assistance in key finance projects, including design of data warehouse, implementation of Solvency II reporting and implementation of FRS 102.
- Supervision of Assistant Syndicate Accountant and other junior finance staff.
- Oversight of monthly bank reconciliations, expenses and other bookkeeping control processes.
- Other ad hoc projects as necessary.
Who They Are Looking For
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Accountant with solid Lloyds/Insurance experience gained from either a firm of Accountants via possibly external audit or with a Lloyds/ Insurance business.
- Strong understanding of financial accounts and strong understanding of double entry.
- Good computer literacy - Excel & Word specifically.
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic and committed to delivery.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with others both internally and externally.