Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
|Salary:||£50000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
To £65,000 + Good Bonus + Benefits
Established over 15 years ago they are one of the world's leading hedge funds overseeing assets of over $7bn on behalf of institutional investors located in over 20 countries. They now have an opportunity to join the tax team which consists of three professionals, each of whom has several years' experience within hedge fund taxation. The tax team provides advisory services in relation to new and existing business activities as well as ensuring that all tax reporting and compliance obligations are complied with. To supplement internal tax resources, leading external firms are used for tax compliance and advisory services as necessary.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant professional qualification with strong academic background
- Good understanding of UK taxation, corporation tax or transfer pricing background ;
- Confident individual who is willing to take responsibility and see projects through to completion.
- Good written and spoken communication skills;
- Microsoft Excel skills;
- Financial services experience is highly desirable.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will be expected to assist with all tax matters pertaining to the global business. The role will be varied and challenging and should appeal to a qualified tax professional, an ambitious individual who wants to progress their career within an established and sophisticated tax function. Given the small size of the tax team and the dynamic business environment the company operates in, you will be expected to take responsibility for many varied projects and work with other commercial functions within the business to ensure they are seen through to completion. Must be flexible enough to accommodate some out of hours liaison with overseas offices. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the structuring of new business ventures ensuring that tax matters are identified and considered in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Liaise with external advisors in order to obtain specialist UK and non-UK tax advice as necessary;
- Assist with transfer pricing issues across the group including the preparation of transfer pricing documentation and reviewing transfer pricing calculations prepared by the finance team; and
- Assist with employer compliance matters liaising with external advisors, HR and finance teams.
Fund taxation issues:
- Assist with FATCA and CRS compliance issues liaising with external trading counterparties and internal investor relations and operations team; and
- Respond to tax queries and requests raised by existing or prospective investors as part of their due diligence processes.
- In conjunction with the company's external advisers, ensure that the UK based entities comply with their tax reporting and compliance obligations;
- Provide assistance to the overseas offices to ensure that they comply with their local tax reporting obligations;
- Review draft tax computations prepared by external advisors for accuracy and completeness;
- Assist with the calculation of interim tax payments and liaise with the Finance function to ensure payments are made on time; and
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure that all tax audit matters are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with audit deadlines.
Sorry, this job is no longer available