Team Leader - Banking Conduct Control
£75000 - £88,000 (dependant on Experience) + Bonus + Benefits
They are a well-known and strongly established banking group with a unique brand history who offer their customers a truly personalised experience. The bank has strong employee values and is a collegiate environment.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIRED
- Ideally be educated to degree standard. CeMap or other other regualted mortgage advisory qualification is also highly desirable as is MCOB and CONC regulations knowledge / exposure
- Thorough understanding of risks and controls within financial services gained within preferably an unregulated lending business area or environment
- Proven track record of advising on risk mitigation and implementing control frameworks.
- Fastidious eye for detail (including excellent analytical skills, able to identify errors and produce accurate work)
- Excellent appreciation of the control environment , proactive attitude
- Expertise in operational risk management, methodologies and reporting
- Experience of working with internal and external Legal, Compliance and Audit departments.
- People management skills and experience of supervising peoiple who give mortgage advice is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of FCA and PRA regulations.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing business leadership teams, strategic thinking and prioritisation.
- Relevant industry qualifications (risk, compliance or business-related).
Reporting to the Banking Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Team Leader - Banking Conduct & Control will be responsible for managing conduct and operational risk in the bank's front office (1st Line of Defence).
The overall focus will be to continually enhance the effectiveness of execution and standards of banking practices. The role will involve close collaboration with the Compliance Department and Head of Credit Risk, to ensure appropriate identification and management of Compliance and Regulatory risks. The key objectives will be to:
- Support the bank's Compliance and Risk function and activities at the enterprise level.
- Embed a robust Risk & Control Framework for Banking spanning conduct (including regulated and unregulated lending) and operating risks.
- Promote and maintain a risk-awareness culture within the department.
- Ensure high quality and consistent execution of compliant lending practices across the department and be a central point of reference for the department in regard to MCOB and CONC regulations, procedures and documentation.
- Manage the training and accreditation of Regulated Mortgage Contract (RMC) certified staff.
- Conduct first Line of Defence monitoring reviews and results analysis to ensure work meets internal and regulatory standards, identifying and escalating any compliance gaps/ exceptions/ weaknesses.
- Undertake thematic reviews covering areas of specific concern.
- Present recommendations and guidance on how to achieve best practices and oversee implementation to Banking leadership.
- Represent Banking at designated risk forums and present performance reports.
- Contribute as a SME to new process design to ensure activities are appropriately controlled.
The key responsibilities will include:
Risk Management Framework
Process and control design and enhancement