Technical Accounting Manager
City of London
£75,000 - £90,000 + Bonus + Benefits
The Finance department is responsible for the delivery of all external and internal financial reporting under UK GAAP and US GAAP, Solvency II reporting , budgeting, financial MI, maintaining the control environment, processing invoices, reconciling accounts, treasury management, investment accounting and reporting and financial system development.
The Finance department is currently running a re-engineering project as part of the Finance Programme designed to streamline the supply, preparation, analysis and reporting of Finance data in order to review the key drivers of the financial information, standardise business processes and ensure that financial reporting capability is in line with eternal regulatory reporting standards. This will include producing outputs for US/UK GAAP, Solvency II and possible future IFRSs.
There is currently a dedicated team performing a design and discovery stage for the re-engineering project with an objective to develop prototype models capable of meeting the project objectives. The role is to provide UK/US GAAP, IFRS and Solvency II technical support the project in defining the regulatory business processes and the supporting IT applications. The role will work with the project team and partner with business subject matter experts to analyse, define and document the current/future requirements to improve process, provide efficiencies and position the finance team for current and anticipated UK reporting standards. The role will define robust calculation methodologies and business processes in accordance with regulatory requirements and best practice.
Project Primary Duties
- Help define required processes and data calculation methodologies
- Support the project team with technical expertise on regulatory standards and best practice processes
- Analyse the data to ensure all attributes are captured across multiple GAAP/IFRS
- Document the regulatory processes and requirements and ensure stakeholder approval
- Track regulatory changes, communicate to, and advise the project team and finance of new or changed requirements.
- Work with IT team members to ensure the prototype development meets the business requirements
- Work with Finance to transition project deliverables back to business as usual.
- Work alongside other project teams to ensure all regulatory processes and requirements are integrated and consistent.
- Work with the Management Information project team to identify synergistic opportunities and deliver requirements to ensure the business can provide all data attributes.
- Produce current Solvency II reporting including Policy Documentation and Risk Templates (manage changes)
- Support anticipated IFRS conversion planning
- Support other projects and Business As Usual regulatory activities as needs require
To be considered for this role, you should meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 5 years UK/US GAAP, IFRS experience in London Market Syndicates environment
- Minimum 2 years Solvency II experience in London Market Syndicates environment
- ACA/ACCA qualified accountant (or equivalent) with minimum 2 years post qualified experience.
- Strong Microsoft office skills - Specifically Excel and Access.
- Working knowledge of Finance systems and databases (with some Access knowledge preferred)
- Experience in project delivery preferred
- Entrepreneurial mind set with the flexibility to work with fluid system requirements
- Good organisation skills and the ability to manage processes effectively
- Experience of designing new business processes and promoting change to the organisation
- Demonstrable experience in meeting reporting requirements in a deadline driven environment
- Personal drive and enthusiasm for completing project milestones
- A service oriented attitude to defining the business requirements to stakeholder satisfaction