Technology Equity Analyst - Origination
Attractive Salary + generous % of fee income generated
Who They Are
They are a boutique investment bank specialising within the technology field. They have offices in London, Europe and New York and have a highly successful business focusing on Mergers & Acquisitions, Capital Markets Advisory and Private fund raising. As part of their expansion and growth acceleration in both London and Europe they now have an opportunity for an entrepreneurial sell side Technology Equity Analyst to focus on transaction origination within the UK market.
Reporting to the Managing Partner and working with the transaction execution team, you will use your CEO contacts of listed PLCs to access technology companies wishing to expand in Europe and build a pipeline of potential opportunities. As part of this role you will continue to research and assess market trends in the light of Brexit. The role will have a good exposure to transactions from inception to completion. The origination role will not be limited to background analysis but it is expected that some of the standard work that is associated with developing a transaction will be undertaken in very close partnership with your colleagues. It will thus be expected from anyone working in this role to: (a) be involved in researching and creating ideas for deals and relevant targets, (b) develop these ideas into a targeted origination effort, (c) arrange relevant potential meetings (normally yourself with colleagues) and the potential UK client and (d) if appropriate and in partnership with colleagues, work on deal modelling, documentation and perhaps, from time to time, have a role in the due diligence exercise if it is required.
Who They Are looking for
To be considered for this role you it is essential that you meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 7 years sell side equity research of UK quoted technology companies within the small to mid cap market place;
- A strong track record of building relationships at Board level members of quoted technology companies;
- Experience of reviewing and researching complex information;
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial and able to demonstrate tenacity and self-motivation in order to originate transaction flow;
- Commercial mindset and ability to assess and present commercial and strategic opportunities and ideas at senior Board level;
- Have an interest in pursuing a career within Corporate Finance