|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus and Bens|
|Job Published:||over 4 years ago|
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a motivated and hard-working individual at a leading bank based in the City
Reporting directly to the Team Leader in Trade Finance, you will be responsible for your assigned role and will be required to demonstrate:
- Ability to multi-task and maintain poise under pressure
- Prioritise tasks and resources so as to maximise efficiency and cost
- Attention to detail
- Awareness of the importance of Customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and profitability of the bank.
Your specific responsibilities within the operations team will be allocated based on your experience and the requirements of the organization from time to time.
- Ensure the expeditious processing of transactions accurately and in line with set service standards, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Maintain complete, accurate and reliable records of transactions and a clear audit trail to ensure compliance with all bank's operational policies and procedures
- Ensure awareness and alertness to money laundering risks and adherence to set anti-money laundering procedures
- Strong liaison with the Compliance department, ensuring implementation of compliance policies and procedures and proactively alerting compliance issues
- Ensure timely identification of point of service failures and the implementation of corrective measures
- Liaise with other business units to ensure efficient service delivery.
- Ensure prompt reconciliation and proofing of all ledger accounts and efficient resolution of long-standing reconciliation items.
- Adopting a zero tolerance for processing errors and ensuring that all errors are identified and addressed same day.
- Degree plus 1-3 years experience in trade operations
- Experienced back office professional with strong analytical skills and a proven track record in the financial services industry, preferably a commercial bank.
- Must have excellent understanding of the International Trade operations framework of a financial institution and knowledge of general operational policies.
- Processing and monitoring of trade finance products including:
- Letters of Credit
- Documentary Collection
- Letters of Guarantees / Standby Letters of Credit.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant ICC publication e.g UCP 600, ISBP for Examination of Documents Under Documentary Credit, URR 525, URC 522 and the URDG 758 Good experience of SWIFT and relevant message types
- General experience of Pay/Receive operations, local and foreign settlements, Documentary Collections and Funds transfers.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to identify, analyse and manage operational risks
- Good understanding of Compliance requirements, including Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering and Treating Customers Fairly
- Should be adaptable and flexible where necessary.
- Independent and innovative.
Sorry, this job is no longer available