Compliance & Legal
|Salary:||£33000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Transaction Monitoring Assistant
London - West End
They are a growing London operation of international banking group with global assets $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. They now have an opportunity for a project manager with excellent regulatory project experience.
Purpose of the Role:
To support the First Line of Defence with investigation and analysis of Transaction Monitoring Alerts generated by the internal Transaction Monitoring Systems. As the role holder you'll be tasked with the following duties:
- Responsible for 1LOD AML Middle Office operations, analysing alerts and monitoring account transactions to detect suspicions of Money Laundering or terrorist financing activity.
- Researches detailed information including names and accounts provided by multiple sources to determine whether there is evidence of money laundering activity based on Anti-Financial Crime Team policies and procedures.
- Evaluates transactions and customer relationships based on established protocol identifying issues and escalating for further investigation.
- Performs name and account based research on lists and reports provided through established resources to determine if evidence of money laundering activities exist. Evaluates transactions and customer relationships for money laundering activities, identifies red flag issues, and escalates within the AML framework for further investigation.
- Maintains familiarity with appropriate investigation techniques to support AML activities, including research utilizing bank systems, intranet, internet and external vendor solutions (Oracle Mantas) as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates across business lines including Corporate, Private and Retail Banking and Financial Crime Team effectively conveying key information to both internal and external audiences as appropriate.
- Identify customer profiles identified as high risk & conduct alert investigations.
- Assess alerts raise to identify potential Money Laundering or terrorism financing activity.
- Maintain detailed records of all investigations and findings
- Provide rationale for decision making efforts on alerts
- Review and manage alerts within agreed timelines
- Improve the time of alert responses by Account Officers
- Keep control of alerts via pro-active relationships with account officers, heads of department and the MLRO/DMLRO.
- Monthly reporting data, and any other statistical data for management information and reporting.
To be considered for the role you'll have the following skills/experience:
- At least four (4) years plus in a related Transaction Monitoring/Alert Investigations role. Previous experience with client on boarding processes is invaluable.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of products, services, operations and systems and extensive dealing with laws, regulations and regulatory agencies related to assigned areas.
- Proficiency with personal computers and pertinent mainframe systems and software packages.
- Good understanding of UK Anti-Financial Crime regulatory framework.
- Ability to examine and evaluate legislation, regulation & industry guidance relating to financial crime prevention.
- Good knowledge of AML requirements.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Able to multi-task, with an organised mind.
- Must be meticulous and fast-learner to work with minimum supervision.
- Willing to learn and hardworking.
- Strong analytical skills
- Open to development recommendations
- Enjoy investigative work, and will have the opportunity to cross train
Sorry, this job is no longer available