£28,000 - £38,000 + Benefits + Bonus
They are a European Insurance Group who are very profitable with strong business and commercial operations.
The Treasury Analyst will support the Treasury Manager in meeting Treasury and Investments deliverables, and to support the European Group in the day-to-day running of the Treasury function.
- Responsible for all investment accounting, reporting and control (US GAAP, IFRS and SII), including SII Investments Quantitative Reporting Templates; IFRS disclosure notes; Investment manager to custodian reconciliation; Fixed maturity roll; Pricing check; Impairment review
- Responsible for all collateral operations, including weekly collateral monitoring; controlling the collateral transfer process, processing settlements on a monthly or quarterly basis; Quarterly statement for Group showing position of specific retroceded annuity and longevity transactions
- Assisting the Treasury Manager in Longevity reinsurance treaty implementation;
- Cover for Accounts Assistants (Treasury), including Services Limited prepayments and accruals and operational expenditure payments and subsidiary operational expenditure payments;
- Responsible for quarterly liquidity forecast presented at the Divisional Risk Management Committee meeting;
- Responsible for maintenance and regular review of the Division's Treasury control documents, including Operational expenditure payment authority and Bank mandate and payment release;
- Review and finalisation of the group VAT return, including keeping up-to-date with changes in VAT rules;
- Ad-hoc requests and project work.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
If you are interested in this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Working towards a recognised accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or ACA qualified
- Experience of working in a treasury department or in the audit function of a top or mid-tier accounting firm.
- Practical experience of any accounting software package, e.g. PeopleSoft (preferred), SAP, Oracle, SAGE, etc.
- Competent with Excel.
- Practical experience of an online banking platform, e.g. HSBC.net (preferred), Barclays.net, etc
- Motivated to take ownership of own work and to seek further responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills.