Treasury Assistant - 6 months contract
£40000 + benefits
Highly respected and successful global commodities and FX trading firm have a fixed term contract for 6 months minimum within their treasury department.
Reporting to the Treasury Manager , you will support the Treasury team with the processing of payments and receipts and their booking into the company's ledgers. This will include the processing of payments into bank payment systems and the reconciliation of multiple bank accounts. All paperwork supporting the day's transactions is scanned for filing. The role includes the following:
- To download bank statements and perform the bank account reconciliation process.
- To enter payments into the various banking platforms for subsequent release.
- To process notifications of cash receipts for correct coding into the ledgers.
- To enter data into the accounting system for payments and receipts (Infor Sun accounts).
- To reconcile company and employee expenses.
- To support the control of the petty cash float.
- To help control expenses booked on company credit cards.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Able to demonstrate a good level of experience of making international, multi-currency payments.
- Full understanding of Swift formatting.
- Previous experience with bank payment systems, ideally HSBC, RBS or Barclay's systems.
- Previous experience within financial services.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy, to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.