|Location:||City of London, London|
Accountancy and Finance
Accountancy & Audit
Tax & Treasury
|Salary:||£80000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + benefits|
|Job Published:||over 2 years ago|
Treasury Consultant / Change Agent
£80000 - £90000 + bonus + benefits - Permanent or fixed term
City - London
They are a global brokerage offering their clients access to a wide range of financial products and instruments trading across the globe. In certain products they are ranked amongst the world leaders in terms of trading volumes. The role is offered either as a permanent role or a fixed term contract role.
You will lead the Treasury team through a period of change to deliver processes, controls and management information reporting that are best practice and aligned with the strategic direction of the business. The role will be responsible for the line management, organisation and personal development of a successful department ensuring people in the team understand the control framework and how their work relates to the Group goals. The department is very busy and can process up to 5000 transactions per month. Some appreciation of the broker model would be very useful. You will also be expected to provide guidance in how to strengthen knowledge and skills to improve personal and organisational performance. You will have to be results orientated, continuing to work toward achievement of goals in the face of obstacles readily integrating changes into work processes and outputs. Key Responsibilities:
- Implement a suitable Treasury Management System interfaced into the company's operating system and its accounting system. Fully revise payment and receipt cycles.
- Select and implement suitable solution for connectivity into banking/payment networks. This is a high volume area.
- Design and introduce a control framework for Treasury processes so that daily, weekly and monthly working practices are controlled and monitored effectively to ensure integrity of performance delivery to KPIs.
- Review the short term liquidity, interest and FX risk management processes and revise them so they are controlled effectively within the Treasury department.
- Manage intra-day foreign exchange risk as it relates to treasury policies and procedures.
- Design the projection and management of liquidity funding requirements and usage to maximise asset efficiencies across the function and interest rate return.
- Deliver key recommendations from Internal Audit regarding process efficiencies and control.
- Manage daily treasury transactions.
- Develop, monitor and review Treasury staff so that the Treasury Team can migrate to fully automated working practices and can adopt the higher value tasks brought into the department
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Solid exposure and proven skills working within a corporate treasury function with experience in FX risk management, liquidity funding, and foreign exchange where there is a high transaction processing volume
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial markets, futures, foreign exchange instruments, and related liquidity management.
- Risk based approach, building appropriate controls for the business and experience of re-engineering processes and drive improvement .
- Experience of balancing costs, benefits and risks in making a decisions and addressing areas of weakness that may affect team performance.
- Able to make timely and sound decisions whilst understanding the impact and implications of decisions and provides feedback on outcomes.
- Experience of actively seeking out and building relationships with others who can provide information or intelligence to drive success.
- Confidence to take independent action to change the direction of events with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Awareness of external industry and able to grasp the drivers behind the longer term objectives of the business as a whole.
Sorry, this job is no longer available