|Job Published:||25 days ago|
Treasury Risk Manager
£80,000 + 15% + Pension + bonus + bank benefits
They are the growing London operation of an international banking group who have just announced excellent half year results. They are also undergoing a change the bank process and upgrading all their risk, compliance, operations, and regulatory areas and processes. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial, retail and private banking as well as institutional and some sovereign lending.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
To be considered for this excellent new role, you should meet the following requirements:
* There is a need for this person to hit the ground running with solid experience (5 to 7 years) in Treasury Risk management, a strong conceptual understanding of ALM & IRRBB and Liquidity Risk, and good knowledge of banking products and of best practice around associated processes
* A demonstrable track record of risk change delivery in a financial services environment is desirable as will be working in a change driven environment
* Deep understanding of 2nd line of defence enterprise risk frameworks
* Solid experience with ILAAP process and documentation, stress testing, and recovery planning, stress testing programs
* Strong communication and presentation delivery skills and a good internal/external networker
* Experience of working with senior bank management
* Strong organizational skills. Strong business skills.
* Structured thinking and analytical skills, and ability to express ideas succinctly. Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
* High level of competence with end-user computing tools including Microsoft Excel and Word and communication tools such as MS Teams, SharePoint
The role reports to the Head of Prudential and Financial Risk Assurance and will join a relatively new team to Drive business engagement in financial and prudential risk requirements such as business forecasting, strategy planning as well as design, define, document and maintain key prudential risk framework documents (ICAAP, ILAAP, Recovery Plan, etc.). The role of the Treasury Risk Manager will be to support the head of this team in delivering effective second-line oversight of all aspects of Treasury risk, including asset and liability management (ALM) & interest rate risk in the banking book (IRRBB), liquidity risk, and foreign exchange risk; take a leading role in the ILAAP; coordinate with the Credit Risk function on issues of credit risk relating to Treasury counterparties; and support the Operational Risk function in aspects of their work relating to Treasury functions. As a small organization, the bank requires someone who is enough of a generalist to support and sometimes lead on the full spectrum of Treasury Risk issues, providing both technical knowledge and business understanding. The Treasury Risk Manager will have no formal line management responsibility but will be a senior member of the risk team, able to draw on junior members of the team and expected to contribute to their professional development. From time to time, the Treasury Risk Manager may be expected to deputise for the Head of Prudential and Financial Risk Assurance. Key responsibilities and accountabilities :
* Supporting the embedding of the bank's risk management framework into its Treasury operations and processes
* Defining the measurement and management of key Treasury Risks, in particular ALM & IRRBB and Liquidity Risk
* Managing regular production of and insight from Treasury risk MI for bodies including ALCO and Balance Sheet Management Forum
* Providing subject matter expertise to guide the Risk Analytics team in their modelling and analysis of ALM & IRRBB and Liquidity Risk
* Driving Treasury engagement in risk-related processes such as stress testing or balance sheet forecasting
* Representing the Risk Function in development and maintenance of Policies, Standards, and SOPs relating to Treasury, either owning the material or providing review and challenge as appropriate
* Leading the Bank's ILAAP annually, ensuring that it reflects regulatory requirements and market best practices. This includes coordinating workstream deliverables, presenting approval items to the governance committee, identifying/ retaining external consultants to provide additional assurance as necessary, ensuring relevant documentation is completed on time for annual submission to the Board and provision of training materials for distribution to senior management.
* Providing Treasury-risk-related input to the ICAAP and Recovery Plan.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Location: Surrey, England
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Good Benefits + Share Options
Partnership Manager - B2B Business Development
Location: London, England
Senior Financial Crime Lead
Location: Surrey, England
Salary: Up to £80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits + Share options