UK Financial Controller
£90,000 - £100,000 + Bonus + Benefits
They are a globally branded financial services group who actively manage over $100 billion of assets and also provide third party services to the investment industry. They now have an opportunity in a "hands on" broad role to manage and continue the development of an extremely busy and diverse UK Financial Control function during a period of change within the organisation. As an organisation, they have a loyal work force and although described as medium to large investment and asset management group, they have a collegiate, open culture which is often found in a much smaller company thereby avoiding bureaucracy.
You will be responsible for the management, training, development and leadership of the UK finance department and providing a high level of service to the business as well as implementation of Group and Finance strategy. The role takes responsibility for the UK finance implementation of group strategies and ensuring compliance with statutory, fiscal and regulatory requirements and UK adherence to Group accounting policies and procedures. The position is a very busy "hands on" role with many responsibilities but with the advantage of an experienced financial control team. The role will suit an individual who can clearly communicate at all levels, including senior management, and is good at dealing with competing demands. The ability to be highly organised and able to delegate, whilst at the same time be "hands on" will be vital to your success. The company has and continues to embrace positive forward thinking improvement enhancements to all business areas and functions. Therefore you must be an agent for change. The role includes the following:
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of all department functions, including sales ledger, purchase ledger, management accounting, cash management, credit control, fixed asset registers and payroll including ensuring efficient and accurate input into the accounting and payroll systems. The role also encompasses UK Corporate Treasury and Cash management and management of UK cash flow requirements and liquidity and cash flow reporting as well as FX risk mitigation. You will be responsible for computation of compensation structures.
- Responsible for UK accounting records, finance and GL systems, payroll system and processes.
- Production of regulatory financial returns, ensuring adherence to FCA regulatory requirements including compliance with FCA reporting and capital requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation and production of Financial Statements under IFRS for all UK corporates ensuring compliance with Group accounting policies
- Production of annual budgets, discussing, agreeing and liaising with Operational departments with regards to their requirements and matching these with Corporate short, medium and long term objectives.
- Production and development of timely and accurate management, Board and Group information, developing and improving procedures.
- Responsible for managing corporation tax liabilities, in conjunction with tax advisors, ensuring correct and timely reporting and payment. Production of all taxation returns, including Corporation Tax and VAT returns.
- Evaluation, introduction and development of systems, processes and control measures to improve efficiency, accuracy and timeliness though new ideas, automation and workload changes.
- Undertake a variety of projects assigned by the UK CEO or International Financial Controller.
Who They Are Looking for
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant e.g. ACA, ACCA or CIMA;
- At least 8 years relevant post qualification experience within a mid-sized Financial Services company where a broad range of experience has been gained;
- A driven "hands on" manager able to get "hands dirty" with good multi-tasking, organisational and delegation skills;
- Experience of IFRS reporting and FCA reporting and up-to-date with legislative changes
- Experience of managing a team of both qualified and unqualified accountants and able to lead them through a change and transition process;
- Understanding of UK Tax reporting and compliance and able to liaise with fiscal advisors
- Experience of dealing with finance issues at a senior level;
- Exposure to multi-currency integrated ledger accounting systems;
- Highly computer literate including Excel - advanced level - used large spreadsheets and data.