Valuations Fund Accounting Analyst
£50,000 - £65,000 + bonus + benefits
They are a global investment management group with over £200 million under management. They have a fund administration and operations team of 33 people who oversee a range of funds including hedge, retail and Investment Trust products such as OEICs, Unit Trusts, Dublin ICVCs, SICAVs domiciled globally, including but not limited to London, Cayman and Luxembourg. The salary is dependent on experience but will not disappoint along with a generous bonus and benefits package.
The position sits within the Fund Administration area which provides oversight of third party administrators and oversees back and middle office service delivery to the Investment Managers and other internal clients. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversight of the accuracy and timeliness of the Periodic Fund Accounting data delivery (for example month end data, Total Expense Ratios, Month end NAVs, Turnover and Yields)
- Periodic review of balance sheets.
- Review Fund expense budgets and monitor expenses.
- Provide fund NAV and price production and price publication / distribution to internal and external clients.
- Identifying inaccuracies and administering the NAV error remediation process
- Assist with RFPs/ DDQs and implementing Fund launches /changes ensuring error free service from TPAs.
- Support the business by overseeing and controlling the fund services and data delivered by TPAs and suppliers, principally overseeing NAV / price production, Price publication / distribution and other fund return validation.
- Review of fund balance sheet and profit and loss accounts for oversight and product change purposes
- Oversight of the performance fee calculations administered by the TPAs
- Produce periodic Management Information on behalf of the team
- Project work to ensure administrative (not oversight) tasks are outsourced or automated.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the TPAs and Vendors to ensure delivery to the SLA.
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with Distribution, Client Services and Product so that Fund Valuations is first point of contact for all enquiries.
- Maintain the elements of the TPA due diligence matrix relating to the Fund Accounting, NAV and price production process
- Investigate and resolve issues identified in the oversight model ensuring appropriate preventative controls are implemented.
- Ensure single and dual pricing policies are administered in line with fund documents and TCF principles.
- Ensure Fair Value Pricing is administered in line with fund documents and TCF principles.
Who they are looking for
- Ambitious qualified or part qualified accountant with fund accounting experience or exposure via audit;
- Understanding of valuations within the fund context;
- Good knowledge of asset classes e.g. Equities, Fixed Interest, and FX;
- Outgoing personality who is persistent with strong powers of persuasion and
- Must also be good at building relationships and implementing controls and problem solving.