Operations Control Analyst
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 + Bonus and Benefits
A global investment bank with more than 40 offices worldwide. They provide advisory, sales and trading, research and wealth and asset management services.
- Possession of an analytical and logical mindset, coupled with a track record of proactively questioning exceptions, explanations, processes, and procedures.
- Demonstrating accountability and taking ownership of assigned tasks.
- Excellent communication abilities, both verbal and written, with the confidence and capacity to influence and challenge individuals throughout the organization.
- Strong IT skills, including the ability to quickly grasp and comprehend new systems and workflows.
- Experience working with and analyzing large datasets.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel in a fast-paced environment is a prerequisite.
- Familiarity with reconciliation platforms like Frontier, IntelliMatch, or similar tools is advantageous.
- Building robust working relationships and establishing credibility across all levels of the business.
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Previous experience in a control environment is preferred.
The position involves collaborating within the IOC team to conduct reconciliations, reporting, and overseeing controls for the Operations department. Additionally, it entails providing assistance in the design, development, testing, and improvement of both new and existing controls.
- Creating essential controls for the International Operations team, focusing mainly on reconciliation tasks utilizing both vendor and in-house tools.
- Supervising controls generated by the offshore team.
- Taking ownership of these controls to ensure timely and precise resolution of outstanding issues by collaborating with relevant teams.
- Identifying and escalating risk factors to appropriate management levels.
- Ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Generating accurate reports that clearly outline risk items and the steps taken to address them.
- Conducting trend analysis on exceptions to pinpoint recurring issues and propose effective solutions for remediation, while also producing meaningful and accurate Management Information (MI) to aid process improvement efforts.