£40,000 - £45,000
One of the world's leading, independently owned financial institutions is looking to hire an Assistant Planner for their office in the West End.
Working closely with the Client Services manager, you will be responsible for providing a high level of effective support to the Planners/Directors , in accordance to the high standards of advice and service. You'll also be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of recommendation and other reports in support of the planning strategies developed.
- De-brief from Planners on client circumstances and objectives
- Analysis of existing policies / holdings, overseeing LOA process and data gathering
- Preparation of internal analysis reports including O&M pension reports, protection illustrations and investment holdings via Financial Express
- Preparation of Voyant base plans and scenario planning
- Preparation of suitability letters for Planner review and sign off
Annual Review support:
- Preparation of pre-annual review documentation
- Attendance at annual review meetings as required
- Completion of post annual review follow up and action planning
Planning Policy Committee (PPC)
- Research and preparation to support PPC sign off on policy guidelines and product selection across pensions, platforms, protection, life wrappers and tax efficient investments
- Ad hoc research projects with client specific or business wide
- Ensuring core report templates are updated and version controlled
Contribute to the overall Client Services team providing cover for other team members as required
In completing all work, ensure work is completed to a high standard and in accordance with internal policies and procedures and 'treating customers fairly' outcomes
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good excel knowledge is essential
- Qualified to minimum level 4
- Strong technical experience across pensions, protection and investments - although this role will not be directly involved in the investment research and selection process
- Exposure to more complex planning for HNW clients such as pension planning for large value pots, defined benefit schemes, inter-generational and IHT planning or large case life cover
- Experience of Selectapension, FinEx, Defaqto, Voyant or equivalent systems would be beneficial.